TF? You know who this is for...

Obitheincredible

Your Mom's Best Friend!!!
Where do I start?
What OS are we looking at here?
I know you can't go into details much on latency so what audio/midi interface will be in this?
Software for recording and production?
Any extra TF only stuff?
Samples and synths?
What hardware are we loking at?
HD space?
Screen size?
Ram?
Speed?
and lastly andy real world street price estimates?
and what gives the tf a edge over the openlabs stuff?

So is there going to be any preinstalled daw on it?
anything to compete with mimik?
What about support?
Warranties?
extra monitor out?
What would run in linux_
Oh and I did not knowyou was working with dansgold on the TF.

Obitheincredible said:
Oh and I did not knowyou was working with dansgold on the TF.
nah im not really working with dansgold....
those were just some ideas

but it would be dope to start a project with a product that can compete with the Open labs stuff

Last edited:
What OS are we looking at here?
Windows XP, 32 & 64-bit are supported initially.

I know you can't go into details much on latency so what audio/midi interface will be in this?
We are toying with several OEM audio interfaces right now. I can say this about latency: We are achieving results of about .7ms ... which is better than most hardware. Yes, I said .7ms ... NOT 7ms ... the decimal point is sortof important, lol. That's running a whole bunch of CPU-hog VSTs and mulitple effects per instance, BTW.

Software for recording and production?
Generally, if it works under Windows and uses ASIO drivers, it should work fine. Due to some of the specialized hardware, we'll be certifying specific applications. We may very well include Tracktion3, just so there is something "out of the box".

Any extra TF only stuff?
Yes. Expect a HUGE patch library, based upon a custom VSTi developed especially for the TF. You will definately have a out-of-box soundset comparable to any workstation-class keyboard.

Samples and synths?
We wouldn't feel too bad about including EmulatorX3, plus Emu's entire library. We've also discussed including both Arturia's stuff and N.I. Komplete. A lot depends upon meeting certain price points.

What hardware are we loking at?
Models will based upon Quad Core and 2xQuad Core Intel stuff. We have a special VeloSiTi card which ... well, that would be telling now, wouldn't it?

HD space?
4 available 3.5" bays ... we are testing 10,000RPM and 15,000RPM drives for heat, power and noise requirements. Of course, 7200RPM drives will work just fine as well.

Screen size?
Errr ... that's a surprise. Some people will hate it, the right people will love it.

Ram?
As much as would make sense for whatever OS you are running, lol.

and lastly andy real world street price estimates?
Street price of under $3000 for the Quad-core model.

and what gives the TF an edge over the openlabs stuff?
It boots faster than a FantomX or MotifXS. It loads applications as fast as anything out there ... you'll have to get used to not waiting, lol. It seems impossible to get it to fail or stutter ... (getting CPU above 50% is actually hard). It leaves the right things "optional" so that you aren't locked into someone elses choices. It has a MUCH better compliment of built-in controllers. It will fit in a standard-sized road case. There are a couple of things that I know people will prefer about the OL stuff ... doesn't worry me, I know the right people will dig the TF.

NOTE:Interested parties should be aware that bringing a product like this to market is a GIANT undertaking, especially when dealing with customized hardware and software. There are no guarantees that this will EVER be available for sale. The lawyers tell me that I need to be certain that I say that these are "forward looking" statements, and that specifications are subject to change, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
dansgold i edited my post because i see you're really making that thing happen....so i dont wanna confuse people with wrong information

I'm psyched and have put off a neko for hopefully at least a prototype if they never reach the market, if not done in the next year or so I'm probably gonna start looking at a meko or building my own. But I want to support a great product from the looks of it.

what is tf? team fortress? man you guys are way behind. tf2 already came out, it's wicked though. well worth a thread in FP :P

I have read this over like 4 times and I'm getting more and more excited to see .7 I mean WOW! I'm telling you please tell me when these are ready! I would love to be one of the first to write a review for it also! Also why not reaper as a installed daw?

If you include komplete and have a custom vsti. . . Yikes what else could you possibly ask for?

I know you don't want to give away too many details, but can I at least ask if the screen can flip up? Cause the ol screens just look painful to use.

Back