Tell me your thoughts....

Spaceman_Ant

You dnt gotta listen to the song if u dnt want to ... but do watch the whole vidoe...
Let me kno what you think the meaning is... or how u feel about it....

Lupe caught some heat from his label over this album can't remember the whole deal but it almost got shelved if I remember right.

I like this track, in fact I think it is some of his strongest work (whole album) because he keeps it real, tells stories but never gets preachy about it. Even though he doesn't get preachy he puts it on you (us) the consumer as to what we value by what we say, do and buy. This video asks the simple question, do you want substance or do you want the latest bullshit?

Everybody says substance without a second thought as they run out and buy the latest Lil Wayne album...sad really.

Last edited:
Yea they have tried to shelf his last 2... i think it was lasers... ppl were protesting outside the corps...
playing his old music saying if u wont sell it then atleast let us get it for free...

My favorite is prolly the cool... is was sorta dark but had a concept to it...

I took the video in a similar light but a little different...
You have a kid watching a video about what he's prolly gonna grow up in be surrounded by...(cool shit)
Then the cops come n arrest him before he can even begin to do it...(stop the problem before it start)
-which taught him what..(maybe ur destined to go to jail regardless)
Then the white kid watches it n it just is what it is...(a movie)

I have some other thoughts on the ending the way they separated the ppl at the table...
but im kinda in a mind f_ck rite now...

Yea what was that...
-llil jon
- ying yang era....

The time of simple rap... shit even today is simple ass ryhming words

Yea what was that...
-llil jon
- ying yang era....

The time of simple rap... shit even today is simple ass ryhming words
Rap was simple in the '80's and late '70's too. Lil Jon basically doing what the Sugar Hill gang was doing back then-super simple call-and-response party rhymes over upbeat music. Hell, Run DMC and the Beasties made legacies of them simple rhymes.

Back