Technics SL 1200 MKII or SL 1210 M3D

H

hrail

I have seen a few posts that say the M3D's have less torque or motor power than the MKII's. Is this true?
Are the M3D's as accurate as the MKII's?

nope... same torque, same motor...
yepp, they are both equally accurate, and some even say M3Ds are more accurate (on pitch control) cos' they eliminate the "dead zone" near the 0% point
don't think about it too much, it's the same TT.... same arm same motor same platter.... only few MINOR changes

Same everything, except for the pitch reset switch.... and the price ofcourse.

You'll do fine with either. I personally would never buy the MK3 or M3D since the difference in price here in Sweden is about $150 and to me, it's just not worth it.

Stick with a 1200 or 1210. Cheaper, and you don't ever have to worry about hitting the pitch reset in the middle of a mix :o

I totaly disagree. Unless you are a scratch DJ, it is a pain to have to avoid the pitch lock indent when mixing and can cause anoying jumps in the pitch.....the M3D is well worth the 10 or so extra $$s(unless you already have MK11 and in which case I think you can just put in a M3D pitch if you so desire). Static, why would you ever have to press the quartz lock button? This makes no sense at all when mixing.....I don't even know why the button is there

Last edited:
I'm using the M3D and I feel that it's worth the extra cost. That notch at 0 pitch is sure annoying when you are mixing in that area.

what extra cost? i just gots m3ds for $399, cheapest i seen mk2s for is $399 for 1210s.

hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha..haha..ha....ehhhh

djstatik said:
Stick with a 1200 or 1210. Cheaper, and you don't ever have to worry about hitting the pitch reset in the middle of a mix :o

ehem...dj models are sl1200mkII, sl1210mkII, sl1200m3d, and sl1200mk3d.

saying stick with a 1200 don't make sense.

and i have never heard of anyone hitting the reset button by mistake.

Housie said:
it is a pain to have to avoid the pitch lock indent when mixing and can cause anoying jumps in the pitch

you should never have jumps in the pitch, if you do that means you have 2 zero points and that can be fixed. go
here to find out how.

the only real pain in the slider is to have to deal with the click at 0%, the dip in the slider is annoying when mixing around the 0% mark but can be easily avoided my simply adjusting the pitch of the other deck you are matching a little.

my peev is the power dial on the mkII, i often brush it when scratching or cueing and end up turning the power off. if it was down to an extra $10 i would spend it on m3ds just so i would have a recessed power dial.

Yep, I know, its just that there are a lot of clubs around here which don't take care of eiher the DJs or the DJ gear very well. Where did you find M3Ds for 399? thats super good

yeah, i hear ya on that. you can never tell if someone else is gonna take care of their decks like we do, but you can tell them to buy m3ds either, so...

guitar center had a weekend sale, i am glad i caught that one.

for mixing or scratching the m3d's work better imo. The 0 area is more accurate than a mk2 and like said earlier in the post the on/off switch goes off really easily from experience. Nothing worse than turning off your table when you're in the middle of something or constantly having to adjust the pitch in the 0 area.

Back