TDE Hip Hop Awards Cypher 2013

D

Dream Gate

TDE taking over, every single one of them killed it...And to those of ya'll that's still unsure about Kendrick, are ya'll minds starting to change? LOL...

I still feel the same as I did when they first came out. They're equivalent to Heiro, they just came up in a time where everyone can't rap. Nobody thought Heiro was the best, but everyone could admit they were nice. No more, no less. But I didn't hear anything impressive, sorry.

And I'm the guy who always said Nicki Minaj killed her BET cypher.

Last edited:
I think the only one who got my attention was Kendrick. He's still only subpar too what else is out there.

All he rapped about was himself, really no substances or even a cypher, more like a cyber attention type thing.

Jeez

I still feel the same as I did when they first came out. They're equivalent to Heiro, they just came up in a time where everyone can't rap. Nobody thought Heiro was the best, but everyone could admit they were nice. No more, no less. But I didn't hear anything impressive, sorry.

And I'm the guy who always said Nicki Minaj killed her BET cypher.
Good analogy. I always thought Hiero were one of the baddest clics i ever heard. Pep luv is a badd dude.

That said, we disagree on Kendrick (as usual).

He killed that shit.

Not in a "that's the greatest verse i ever heard way," but who he is at this moment--he killed it.

just me view.

Last edited:
He killed it.

I like how AB Soul didn't back down from the Jay Z line and held his ground... for those who didn't know he threw a shot at Jay a while back where he said some shit along the lines of "i use to want to rap like Jay Z, now i feel like i could run laps around Jay Z"

The thing i like about TDE, is that they have this "we're not going to kiss the ass of the greats/it's our time" aura.... you can see it in all of em.

He killed it.

The thing i like about TDE, is that they have this "we're not going to kiss the ass of the greats/it's our time" aura.... you can see it in all of em.
yup like how jay rock threw a shot a drake before like he didn't even hesitate and it made for a hell of a verse!

People sleeping on Royce's verse.

Kendrick's was dope. Better than what I expected. But overrated.....very.

Joell Ortiz went in also. I didn't waste my time checking the other groups. That comedy shit was like I expected.....corny as hell....it was actually worse than I expected.

That's how you RIDE the GOT DAMN beat!! STFU with this Kendrick shit.

Last edited:
^^^I was going to post Slaughterhouse cypher too but it wasn't up yet. Crooked I RIPPED that shit!

^^^^Crooked I's was cool....then he got all primitive on me. Ortiz and Royce has that comfort. Joe's was corny besides the moonwalk sideways line I think I heard a battle rapper from URL say once.......why those punchlines are getting played out man. Dudes say them....did they really think it up? Got to watch y ass with when it comes to punchline rappers. I've heard that got damn microsoft line 1000 times.

I dunno the whole thing was a bit weak to me.. It was good to see Jay Rock though... Kendrick was the less boring.. I wonder why Joe budden was all alone in the front during his verse.. lol but slaughterhouse had an acceptable cypher..

Damn ASAP mob suuuckked lol... more than Travis lmao.

Last edited:
Pusha should've been in that cypher and the Slaughterhouse/Eminem one from last year was better than this year... it was a little underwhelming overall.

Kendrick killed it but the hype surrounding it was bigger than the actual cypher.

^^^^^Chief Keef sound like the type of shit Lil Wanye be rappin...

And yeah man I love Premo but he need to be dumped. He can't turn them young dudes into men with the beats man. TImes have changed....they need training wheel beats. lmao!!! Hate to say it...TDE was weak man. It was good for some training wheel shit. They were like a step ahead of the comedy shit. You suppose to come in a shock the crowd with your skills....or what makes you...not come in like some average freestyle MFers who get shut down by the lyrically inclined who actually sound like they do it for real.

But hey...times have changed Premo......stop it with the old beats and drum breaks....bring on the trap and atmospheric beats for them youngins.

They can't rock a party.....

Last edited:
Back