Tallen - ALONE EP (Feed4Feed, Beat-Tape)

Love the cover art. The faded, sort of dirty look really gives it some character.

Paradise: Nice, chill and very relaxing. I could almost see it as like an intermission type of piece.

Callian: Love the guitar, with the bent strings. It really adds to the overall feel of it. And the drums fit perfectly with it, awesome job!

Drastic Measure: Vocal work is really interesting, very nice ear candy. I don't love the drums, they seem so cramped and dampened in comparison to the vocal and guitar. But the layout of it, I love. Great conception.

Really, other than just some mixing fixes (cleaning up some parts of it, making room and some creative panning) I like it a lot. Keep at it

Just listened through all of this and I LOVE it! The songs themselves are OK, but the EP as a whole is GREAT! You've really catched a great atmosphere! Song #3, that "Live" thing, is really great. So atmospheric. But #4 - this song is perfect. This is exactly the kinda music I wanna listen to! I've got NO complaints bout that one!

p"I Ain't Nothin'" kinda feels a little less inspired than the rest of the songs, but as I said - it's the EP as a whole that works perfectly for me, and it fits in there.

Only COMPLAINTS I have though, is that the sound on the first track is a LITTLE too sharp for me, and the guitar on the second track is great, but the rhythm on it gets a little boring to me personally after a while.

but great job ! :)

Feedback for my recently released EP would be appreciated :)

Alone EP | Tallen

What do you guys think of my first solo beat tape release?

Feed4Feed

Paradise was very nice, vibey but could do with a bit of a melodic twist, even if it was simple passing notes ect. Mix was clean enough to keep it easily listenable yet it still retains a gritty feel to it. Nice intro.

Callian was dope. Intro was very cool, I liked the pitch shifted samples. Detuning on the guitar(?) was AWESOME, I've been trying to achieve a sound like that for a while, but you nailed it. Good job.

Live was also nice, strings were a nice addition but again, a little repetitive, could do with some variation.

Drastic measure was nice, I feel the vocals could have been manipulated a little better. Maybe some homophonic ideas. Or the way it rises throughout the bar - it could be kept going, builds up nice tension. Mix again was clean.

I Ain't Nothing is nice, I like the Badbadnotgood sample haha. Could've definitely added a melody of some kind over that though. Maybe a bassline. Drums went well with it though, retains the gritty feel to the album.

Lavish was okay, I could hear a little bit of Mobb Deep in there haha, dark. Mix again was very nice, maybe a little more bass would have been nice though.

Overall good job, for a laid back, gritty kind of vibe you nailed it. 8/10 I'd say!

Return feed on one of my beats? Would really value your opinion.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...back/alternative-fusion-kind-beat-f4f-467208/

Thanks in advance.

Paradise was very nice, vibey but could do with a bit of a melodic twist, even if it was simple passing notes ect. Mix was clean enough to keep it easily listenable yet it still retains a gritty feel to it. Nice intro.

Callian was dope. Intro was very cool, I liked the pitch shifted samples. Detuning on the guitar(?) was AWESOME, I've been trying to achieve a sound like that for a while, but you nailed it. Good job.

Live was also nice, strings were a nice addition but again, a little repetitive, could do with some variation.

Drastic measure was nice, I feel the vocals could have been manipulated a little better. Maybe some homophonic ideas. Or the way it rises throughout the bar - it could be kept going, builds up nice tension. Mix again was clean.

I Ain't Nothing is nice, I like the Badbadnotgood sample haha. Could've definitely added a melody of some kind over that though. Maybe a bassline. Drums went well with it though, retains the gritty feel to the album.

Lavish was okay, I could hear a little bit of Mobb Deep in there haha, dark. Mix again was very nice, maybe a little more bass would have been nice though.

Overall good job, for a laid back, gritty kind of vibe you nailed it. 8/10 I'd say!

Return feed on one of my beats? Would really value your opinion.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...back/alternative-fusion-kind-beat-f4f-467208/

Thanks in advance.

Thanks homie, I'll get around to it shortly.

Maaaan, I like it very much, the samples, one of the best things a personally think I have heard here! I like it!
I like the drumloops, the soundkits, hell yeah, laidback style :) Great job man, sincererely!
AWESOME!

And sorry for bothering Tallen, but I wanted to ask you for a feedback on a track I did yesterday
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...back/flying-lotus-vs-jamiroquai-track-467415/

Thank you, if you would have the time :)
Have a nice day Tallen! :)

goodflo

Ayo im diggin this. This reminds me of some A$AP type stuff, it also reminds me of an artist im working with right now. Is that a break slowed down? That vinyl texture you got on it makes it sound dope. Good shit homie we might have to snag that off ya. Keep up the good work samples are hot and dark, my favorite. May I ask where your diggin? Send me a PM .... maybe we can help eachother out - Return the feed when you can - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k9-produced-myself-|-feed-4-feed-100%-467358/

Nice project kid. #4 is my favorite. Seems like you've got the talent part and more importantly the business aspect understood very well. Respect!

Very impressive work man !

I really dig your way of producing. Chilled out and down tempo. I appreciate that kinda music.
Perfect to blaze a joint to in the evening after a busy day :)
Also good work on the mixing and mastering. Everything sounds clean !!!
Did you release this yourself or trough a lable ?

Peace Rowbance !

https://soundcloud.com/rowbance/rowmance-raw-preview

Last edited:
Sorry I've been away guys, returned a few feed just now! I'll make sure to get back around to the rest of you.

Back