T-Pain Raps About The Industry Dissing Him In New “Hang Ups” Music Video

^^ as stated before good track, really feelin his new shit. Little different but its consistant. Feelin the beat too, pretty simple but the drums give it life!

I hope this isn't a "comeback" song.

It isn't bad, but it isn't a standout track. This is an album cut. Dude would besmart to forget the rap stuff and use Autotune singing over EDM beats. That is what is selling now. Why focus on rap when that game isn't the most popular thing right now?

I hope this isn't a "comeback" song.

It isn't bad, but it isn't a standout track. This is an album cut. Dude would besmart to forget the rap stuff and use Autotune singing over EDM beats. That is what is selling now. Why focus on rap when that game isn't the most popular thing right now?
and isolate his core fanbase sure

let the guy do what he wants, this song is dope

He needs to go back to the top hat, ringleader image.

He went backwards when he dropped all that and started rapping.

This guy had hit records for days, he would be killing it right now if he jumped on those pop beats.

i think t pain is in a financial position where he doesnt give a **** what anyone thinks and hes just gonna do him

good on the guy, he dont need a hit again and hes made

He needs to go back to the top hat, ringleader image.

He went backwards when he dropped all that and started rapping.

This guy had hit records for days, he would be killing it right now if he jumped on those pop beats.

he actually does have those pop beats tho. the thing is people care about names and perception more than whats really going on.

his album flopped, but he had two hits. Best Love Song went platinum but it never stayed in rotation that long, and that 5 o clock song with Wiz hit top 10. So he was still making hits, its just people arent really attached to the music for long.

He got records with Pitbull that are on pop beats, he's got records on his album with ne-yo that are pop beats. hes got mad joints. lol Everything you just said is exactly what he's talking about in the song. He's even got a joint with Benny Benassi that was on his last album and the single too

everybody has a blueprint for him, but hes still making hit records and getting platinum singles even if the album sales arent there to match, can still go to any country and sell out shows and at the end of the day thats all that really matters. I just think people see his name and automatically assume washed up with out checking for more of his stuff but even though hes not as well off as he was before as far as being featured on a bunch of mainstream stuff.. He's still as relevant as ever

he actually does have those pop beats tho. the thing is people care about names and perception more than whats really going on.

his album flopped, but he had two hits. Best Love Song went platinum but it never stayed in rotation that long, and that 5 o clock song with Wiz hit top 10. So he was still making hits, its just people arent really attached to the music for long.

He got records with Pitbull that are on pop beats, he's got records on his album with ne-yo that are pop beats. hes got mad joints. lol Everything you just said is exactly what he's talking about in the song. He's even got a joint with Benny Benassi that was on his last album and the single too

everybody has a blueprint for him, but hes still making hit records and getting platinum singles even if the album sales arent there to match, can still go to any country and sell out shows and at the end of the day thats all that really matters. I just think people see his name and automatically assume washed up with out checking for more of his stuff but even though hes not as well off as he was before as far as being featured on a bunch of mainstream stuff.. He's still as relevant as ever

Good analysis.

The music industry is built on the "what have you done lately" mentality. The same artist/exec that is relentlessly hounding you down now for a hit record or 16 bar verse because your hot will be the same one that will refuse to return your call or ignore your text 18 months later when you're considered cold on the stove. Ah so it a go

Didn't really like the song but what he was saying is on point....I think it's funny how the game is.....everybody was hating on him back in the day, but those same people used his methods to come up smh....hip hop is the definition of double standards.

Back