Swing in FL Studio

When listening to the song Go Get It by T.I. produced by T-Minus. I here a small amount of swing or flavor in this instrumental. But when I see other people remaking the beat youtube I notice that they all do it with no swing or feel. For example youtube.com/watch?v=uJocuDCVUoI vs. the real song youtube.com/watch?v=_y8yRTBWqhE. It seems like the real instrumental has so much flavor and life into it but I know for a fact that T-Minus uses FL studios and I know for a fact that the swing feature in FL COULD NOT HAVE made this track sound like this. So my question is: does anyone have any ideas of how T-Minus made this beat to have so much life and a little bit a swing in FL?

two ways to swing this shit:

Use the groove swing in fl
or
record it in 12/8 or 6/8 with quarter-8th pairs for the swing nad then still apply a swing/groove to that......

It's just a weak ass remix... the note decay on the synth is not right... so the drums don't play the same with the melody.

the 808 is slightly out of tune... And has probably a different attack timing..

trust me fl is more than capable of adding swing to drums like that. youtube remakes are 90% of the time got it all wrong lol

and a remake will never be better than the original ... its just something they won't have i don't know how to explain it lol

Back