Suggestions and opinions? (F4F returned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I like what you've got, this is a nice sample and you really chopped it up. The drums give that old boom-bap feel that we all love. Like I said, the sample is chopped nicely, however at times I think it's overchopped. At certain times I would let the horns do their thing over the beat and then chop it some more, keep it varying. Maybe even switch up the drums a little more too, just trying to get creative lol. I just feel that the chopping and the beat breaks kind of make it hard to flow with the beat, and an emcee trying to hop on it may or may not feel the same way.

That was me trying to go in-depth though, overall your sound is engineered relatively well and everything meshes well, now it's all about customization. Good job man

Check me out?: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...f-breathe-chillstep-ambient-type-song-475704/

diggin this man. you really chopped it real nicely. this beat gives out an oldschool vibe, from the way you've sampled it. its structured nicely as well. but i feel your transitions could be better. a variation in the drums would def help with that. keep it up man good job overall

im always a fan of that gritty sampled feel one suggestion is like the user above said take more advantage of those soulful horns and let them play out a bit more
check out my thread as well

Loving the sample. Really like the overall style of the piece! I like what you're doing with it! My only suggestion would be to make the drums sound a lot more 'harder' and rough around the edges if you know what I mean. Otherwise, top notch!

It sounds great, the drums ****ing ride man. The only thing is if the song is in a song format I cant tell where it is ever. Maybe its the amount of chops you used? But it's definitely a banger. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back