i just stop after the intro and i cant do any more shit
i keep listening to it and i cant come up with anything to add to it
every melody i make just sucks and i dislike it
i used to have a very easy time making melodies
but now i cant
and it makes me feel like i'm really bad
how can i get over this ? i wanna start making music again

Last edited:
When's the last time you went outside? Just intentionally stop making music for however long you feel like and dive into other things outside of music. You're creative energy will come back... And stop thinking your music is bad. The rest of the world is here to do that for you, you have to be your biggest fan

When's the last time you went outside? Just intentionally stop making music for however long you feel like and dive into other things outside of music. You're creative energy will come back... And stop thinking your music is bad. The rest of the world is here to do that for you, you have to be your biggest fan

actually i went to my grandmas village for 2 days just so i can change my daily routine for a while
and today i came home like "I'm gonna kill it now"
but after a while of hearing my half made project and staring at the beautiful colors
i realized that i still don't know what to do
i tryed 3 projects and i cant add anything to any of them

Also, have you tried picking up a different kind of music? I've been playing guitar for 15 years and now I decided to start making trance. Do you play guitar? I have a banjo. Banjo is freaking sweet.

Last edited:
Also, have you tried picking up a different kind of music? I've been playing guitar for 15 years and now I decided to start making trance. Do you play guitar? I have a banjo. Banjo is freaking sweet.

This made me think... Playing an instrument or just learning to play will help a lot. Because I was playing prior to consistently producing I didn't think about this but whenever I'm strung for an idea I play piano or guitar and it really helps

I find if it's the same track you're looking at you can creatively work yourself into a corner.

One way this happens to me a lot is if I add too many elements too quickly I can't work out what else to do because I've already done anything but I can't remove elements without it sounding bad. (roughly along these lines anyway, of course in reality it's more complex than this)

Sometimes a simple change like setting your BPM to something you dont usually use or listening/creating a style you don't usually do can help a lot.

Whenever I hit a creative wall, I just stop making music. Take a break from making music and instead listen to new music. Listening to new music helps ignite ideas in my mind that I can then use to make a brand new song.

Whenever I hit a creative wall, I just stop making music. Take a break from making music and instead listen to new music. Listening to new music helps ignite ideas in my mind that I can then use to make a brand new song.
Same here, listening to diverse music styles is great for boosting creativity.

Best thing to do, is listen to other tracks, try creating tracks from different genres (Future Bass, Dubstep, Progressive house, bounce, etc.) Experiment with new plugins and sounds such as Xfer Serum, NI Massive, Z3ta, and mess with effects. Also try getting your hands on Cymatics sample packs. Will help you 100% trust me.

Well, from your first post, its obvious. You have no confidence in your work. Don't try to make grand epic beats, start out simple and appreciate your talent that went in it. From the simple things you can build up confidence and feel so sure about yourself that feelings of failure will disappear. Music is an art of expression of inner self, if you aint feeling what you making, then you need to check yourself.

Peace

It happened to me, one time I had the whole time of the world and I couldnt get a track done in a week, not even the intro! :(... It happens and even if your intention is to make music, maybe you are not ready to do it for many reason like stress or lack of inspiration. We want to get things done but we dont plan ahead.

I think that you should take some time and listen to more music, the type of music you like making. After some time you will start getting ideas that you will feel motivated on going back to music production!

Stop intending to make music. Making music is like going to sleep... as soon as you try to do it you wake up.

It's assumed that writers block is a lack of inspiration as if it's about content. Like you need some new content to work with. It's more about feeling. The reason you start something and give up is that you don't feel it. Figure out what it was that got you into it. It was a feeling. Replicate that. Then work from there. Once you feel it it'll write itself.

Also, when you don't want to make music, don't. Do sound design instead. Mix instead. Do a month of nothing but writing synth patches.

Take a break, I've gone from making multiple tracks a day to taking a month long break from music making, and just one day it will hit and you'll be back in the groove of things.

patience man. keep practicing. A skill takes tens of thousands of hours to become really dialed in. As for you melodies, write within a specific key signature. A songs have a key signature (a scale of notes that sound good together). Don't just try a melody without having an understanding of music theory.

Hope this help. Don't hesitate to message me if you need advice or help. Best!

Last edited:
you should rest, do not try to boost yourself too much!

don't fall into perfectionism anxiety!

Last edited:
Back