Studio One Pro- Anybody using it? what do you think of it?

Ave.

I checked the older posts on studio one pro and it was helpful, and some of my questions got answered.. But I want to know what some of you think about it now? Is it still a DAW that has staying power? is it worth the money?

I mostly record hip hop vocals and R&B. I make beats too. I have an iMac 21.5 and a HP. The DAW i've been using since i started is Sony Acid Pro And Sony Sound Forge.. but Sony is done making their Acid Pro software (was told this by a few good sources) and i want to move to a new DAW. I want to use a DAW that is Mac and PC.. Pro tools 9 is an option as well... But Studio One Pro seems like it can hold its own against some of the Bigger/older DAWs. I've been messing with the Demo for a few weeks... The Only thing is that i dont want to invest time and money into a DAW that will be gone within the next 3 years... So any feedback would be much appreciated!!

-Ave.-

Seems like a cool one, I've been wanting to mess with it again but they won't let me re-install the demo.
I would say Logic, but if you want something cross compatible I don't think you can go wrong with Pro Tools or Cubase; although Studio One Pro looks pretty sweet.

I like pro tools but Avid is such a money hungry company and PT really taxes your comp. and i dont like the ilok idea. And i like the powerful but easy use of studio one.. I just bought my Mac because i was dead set on Pro tools 9, but now i'm second guessing it..

If studio one is what your feeling just go buy it. Since you mostly record vocals any major DAW is great so pick the one you like the best. What audio interface are you using? All the Presonus interfaces come with Studio One Artist you can upgrade to Pro for $200, so that's kinda cool if you don't have an interface yet. Your iMac should handle all of it fairly well unless your messing with tons and tons of intensive plugins.

I use it for recording vocals and mixing and it does the job for me and its very user friendly with solid stock effects

S1 is worth every single penny. I personally love the workflow. The audio engine does not skip during production when adding instruments or effects. Adding external instruments has been extremely easy.

It's worth every penny.

S1 is worth every single penny. I personally love the workflow. The audio engine does not skip during production when adding instruments or effects. Adding external instruments has been extremely easy.

It's worth every penny.

Yeah thats what won me over. I have had no audio engine dropouts whatsoever. I always ran into that problem with sonar even with the newer X1.

Thank you all for your 2cents... The demo has me hooked... I just bought a new Mic pre so i'm broke for another month of 2..smh..but I'm getting this DAW once my chips are up!! ... Do You Guys Think This Daw has staying power, or will it fall off?...

Thank you all for your 2cents... The demo has me hooked... I just bought a new Mic pre so i'm broke for another month of 2..smh..but I'm getting this DAW once my chips are up!! ... Do You Guys Think This Daw has staying power, or will it fall off?...

It will never be a Pro Tools or Logic cause those have been out for a long time, but it should stay around; especially since they include it with their interfaces and it gives people an option to try it.

Absolute staying power. I don't really see it becoming the most commonly used one yet, since Pro Tools Logic and Cubase are kind of at the top, but I see it staying around like Ableton and Sonar. It'll be here for a long time... they're very innovative.

Back