Stuck on which DAW to use

JMD_Music

I got a new Mac and a midi keyboard, and I want to make EDM and Pop music, but I'm still unsure as to which DAW to use. I've reached out to some Ableton Certified trainers and I got their quotes, so I plan to possibly start taking lessons from them next month.

I know Ableton is considered best for EDM music (especially for live permances), which is why I'm considering it, because I had always planned to use Logic. But since I plan to also do pop, I wasn't sure what to do. I was planning on reaching out to Logic certified trainers as well.

I know Ableton is pricier than Logic, but money isn't an issue. Along with getting someone to train me in using the DAW (I think 1-1 training is the best kind of training for me), I plan on taking piano and DJ lessons as well. I just wasn't sure if should use Logic to produce and then get Ableton for live use, or just get Ableton altogether.

Thoughts?

You can make pop, edm, hip hop, trap, no matter what daw you use. The key is to pick one, and stick with it, and learn the ins and outs.

Now, in my opinion, Reason 8 is the best all around choice, but I use Live too. Don't make the mistake of thinking a DAW will give you that "sound." It's all on you and what you do creatively.

Back