Storing Kontakt Libraries / Expansions and Drum Samples

JTwoXX

Hey, I'm new to FP and I joined to ask opinions on how and where to save Kontakt, or other plugins, Expansions/Libraries and all my drum samples. I currently have some backed up on a 3tb external but most are pretty much scattered on my laptop. I'm trying to finally piece together a dedicated machine to run my DAW's (PT10,FL 11, and Cubase 5) and I just want to know the most organized and CPU efficient way to store them.

On a side note, the size is becoming the real issue with already having 500GB+ worth of expansions and still looking for more!

Any help is appreciated!!!

Partitions X4 dude.
Kills the dreaded 'lost all my data from blue/black/beachball etc forever.
Easier to find things when separated.
Could actually speed up transfers slightly.
Could even install to partitions not on your main drive so even if you freshed an os, didnt lose anything but saved registry settings.

You could also export your registry settings and just put em back into the registry when needed if everything went smooth

Last edited:
the less u focus an the more youll accomplish , you have too much on your plate fam , cut the fat out and break it down to what you really like and use most frequently .. i put all my boombap drums in a folder with nothing but boombap drums and for trap i got a second folder , each individual folder has categories like kiks snare,hats ,cymbals and what not so i just put what i think what belongs in a certain style of music and purge the rest ya digg,..

Last edited:
Back