Steinberg CI1

henkhakkebar

Superproducer
So I have been looking at sound cards. As my budget is pretty small, I am interested in the Steinberg CI1. For just 100€, which is 120$ I believe. It offers everything I need, it has 3 inputs, 1 line, and 2 xlr with phantom power.

I want to use it with Reason 6, for my guitar to use Reason amp simulation and effects. Also, in the future it will be used to record vocals, that's why I want the XLR inputs.

When using it with my guitar the latency needs to be really low, has anybody used this soundcard before and can tell me something about its latency?

Also, in my projects, when using the built in soundcard, after 2 softsynths and 3 samplers, ASIO collapses, and I can't work further on what I am doing. Will using the CI1 make a big difference?

With me being a hobbyist, at least for now, I don't need 96khz sample rate, and stuff like that.

Can someone on this forum answer my questions? Thanks in advance.

This was my first sound card, I actually just did a compairson of my CI1 and Avid Pro Mini interface, I finally realized how thin the CI1 sounded, its very unpleasant. Just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Back