ST3... What are you waiting for IK?

A wild GUI appears... This is just one of many screenshots of the Electric Guitar sounds coming to SampleTank 3

You might be able to see a little bit more here too - hint, hint - in a slightly larger version: https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/photos/p.10153905816285147/10153905816285147/?type=1&theater

What else do you see in this, since it is a full GUI? Which amp is this? The last one is easy because I've posted it and given it away before anyway.

1557507_10153905816285147_1360761165_n.png

How big is ST3's library supposed to be, and will it contain the old content from other IK sampler devices(if you cannot answer, I totally understand)?

I get the impression from the time taken on this release and what I have seen that it's going to be the equivalent of Kontakt and a few of it's expansions?

We are looking at 30gb at launch with more in the works. SampleTank 3 will be able to read all previous IK Virtual Instruments and it will sound better with the new Effects included from the T-Racks and AmpliTube Custom Shop. It will be that and more.If you currently have IKs whole virtual instrument catalog and upgrade to SampleTank 3, you'll be looking at 90ish gb of musical goodness.

How are the quality of the instruments compared to version 2? I don't mean any disrespect at all you have the best effects as far as I'm concerned but ST2 never end up in my final mix...as far as instruments go

We have always bought the best of the best for our modeling and sampling. We have a bigger library than ever before with the new SampleTank with some big surprises still in store. Our instruments were the first to exist. Before other big players, we were the first to bring this type of workstation to the everyday desktop platform. People have been using them for decades and we look forward to this summer....

Last edited:
How are the quality of the instruments compared to version 2? I don't mean any disrespect at all you have the best effects as far as I'm concerned but ST2 never end up in my final mix...as far as instruments go

I think that may be more of a preference thing with regard to the sound rather than something that is. Personally i really like ik sounds. Philaharmonik is my favourite sounding orchestral pack, as well as some soundfonts. It doesn't sound 'larger than life' by default like some other orchestral stuff i think. It's just a high quality, natural sound. I find the same can be said about various synths, a lot sound good but also synthetic, whereas others sound good but also natural.

I know that may sound like a contradiction with regard to electronic sounds but as far as my vocabulary goes some do sound natural, tassman for example, whereas others sound synthetic, sculpture for example, but yet they're both modellings synths. IK stuff sounds natural (to me).

Back