SQ-80 as a controller

moziggy

ok first of all im this is my first post to this forum, and im not a grammatical genius so plz excuse the grammar
ok to make a long story short i have a SQ-80 that i got from my grandmother and everything seems to be working fine ive made some patches recorded some patterns and even recorded some of these via FL studio(which is the DAW i prefer) but the one thing im having problems figuring out is how to use it as a controller to control my other vsts. so my questions are is this possible to do and if so what are the steps to take got it hooked up from midi out on keyboard to my computer soundcard i know im missing sumthin i just dont know what

I never did this before so I can't give you too many details but I know it's possible.Check if you keyboard supports midi cables,like this one http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC329-15SX_LR.jpg .If it does than you can use it.I think you need to get an usb audio interface that supports midi cables too.You need to get a good audio interface anyway if you're at least a bit serious about your production.You will have huge delay without it.ASIO4ALL might help with the delay but still isn't good enough.If you insist on torturing yourself by not getting an external audio interface here is a link explaining how to connect it straight to the PC .
Music On My PC - How to Connect a MIDI Keyboard to a Computer

I think you also need to set the inputs and outputs manually in your DAW after you connect it.

Last edited:
Back