Speakers

No one can answer that for you. Go to your local music shop and listen to whatever's in your price range and let your ears decide.

Studio monitors extend over a $100,000 span - this is a silly question!
If I had all the money in the world, I probably would get Barefoot MM12s as my mains that would be a good 10' away from me, and use a smaller set of nice nearfields for closer work - maybe a nice set of three-way PMCs or ATCs. But considering we're probably only talking a budget below $1000, it really depends on what works best for you. Studio monitors are very personal, and everyone has biased opinions towards what they own/use or hear that famous people use. It comes down to auditioning them, and seeing which ones you think you'd work best on.

Last edited:
You got a price in mind? You can get some serious set ups for ~500 these days.

It is a very silly question indeed!
I owned over 12 pairs and when i bought them i love them! then i got better at mixing and i outgrew them!
Just got a pair of Neuman KH 310, they are incredibly precise!

I am so sad that people keep asking these questions. I wont answer am sad, bye......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................GO TO GUITAR CENTER AND CHECK THEM THE **** OUT! THESE PEOPLE ARE USE TO THEIR SPEAKERS SOUND DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.

Back