Speakers Stuttering Issue

AudioAbstract

Recording Studio
I recently upgraded my iMac 21 to a 27" but I'm running into an occasional problem with stuttering speakers. Usually once the stuttering begins I can cycle the power on my pro fire 2626 and it will be okay...Other times I have to reset the computer, or alter the sound settings to onboard, then change them back to the profire. Just trying to pin point the problem in my signal chain, has anybody else experienced anything like this?

that's where I'm trying to get to with a 20 questions - eliminate everything else by narrowing the possibilities with each new question.........

I'd just plug in some headphones & see if it does the same :)

Although I'm very much in the same school of not making assumptions not based on anything. I like that.

unfortunately that would have to be one very long extension cable for me to plug headphones in to his computer....... :D

Sounds like a sound driver issue, especially if it's "fixed" after a reboot or a driver switch.

Do you have the latest drivers downloaded? That's a big deal.

I have the latest profire drivers available, and I dont think its the speakers because it does the same thing through headphones...the stuttering varies but is fairly rapid. It doesnt happen with the onboard speakers so it makes me think something weird is going on with the profire. It only started happening when I switched computers, but I also upgraded to lion osx, so it might be a driver issue...

When you plug your headphones into the computer do you get the problem (you do not say above)?

In addition, do me a favour and un-install all drivers for the profire and then only reinstall the latest drivers for it then report back.

Back