Sp-404, worth keeping?

Tiltaa

Hey all,

I got myself a sp-404 for a good price. I actually already have a NI Maschine, but i thought i would be good to have something that doesn't need the computer, i thought it would be good to make simple beats on the fly.

I played a bit with it, it looks super nice, but so many features are lacking. You can't copy a pattern (without a complicated workaround that didn't work when i tried), you can't play more than a pattern so basically it's only one track... No velocity, no pitch function.

I love the Mark function for cutting samples though, and the effects are good but again you can apply only one at a time. The portability is nice, but you need something to put music into, i don't see myself traveling with a record player or my synth. On the maschine at least i have some instruments in the box.

Am i missing something so great on this that it would be worth keeping?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Like, what could i do if i used it with MIDI inside Ableton. Would that give me more interesting possibilities?

keep it if you got a good deal on it i sold mine and hate it when i go out and want something to use, plus the on the fly fx are nice.

keep it. if you got it for a good deal then its worth it

Oh man you have no idea how much i loved that movie when i was a child. My father recorded it on video cassette, it was dubbed in french though. I had to see RAW and Delirious to understand he's another level.

I'll probably trade the SP for an old synth. somebody made me an interesting offer.

Back