SP 404 and Reason 5

M

m21m

Does Reason 5 recognize SP 404? By that i mean can i use SP 404 FX, trigger samples on it and all that record straight in Reason 5?

the sp404 would have to be routed out to your interface in order to get the 404's audio into reason. I dont think you can direct record into reason 5 tho, only v6.

the sp404 would have to be routed out to your interface in order to get the 404's audio into reason. I dont think you can direct record into reason 5 tho, only v6.

By that you mean connect Sp 404 with mixer and then to sound card?
Sad that Reason 5 can do it - i really didn't like to work in Reason 6.

By that you mean connect Sp 404 with mixer and then to sound card?
Sad that Reason 5 can do it - i really didn't like to work in Reason 6.
If your soundcard has mic/line inputs then you can plug directly into your interface to record the output of your sp404. I forgot you can sample into reason... Once you set up the sampling the right way. If you followed the video below, for example you would then open a kong or nnxt device and press the sampling button from within one of those devices, it will then automatically start recording. If you then play the pattern or sequence you have arranged on the sp404 you will see that the reason device recorded it. since the recording wont be tempo synced its best to press the "sampling button" first then "play" on the sp404, cuz you can edit the start and end points after you record it. if you still cant figure it out pm me

Last edited:
Back