Soundtrac TOPAZ Project 8 mixer question

THM

Soundtracs Topaz - Project 8 - 32ch

Is the EQ section of this Soundtracs Topaz mixer ± as good as e.g. the Soundcraft Ghost and Allen&Heath mixers ?

I read it is anyway much better than the Mackie EQ !?

PLEASE help me out...

hi
i make music with a friend, and we've bought a 2*hand soundtracs solo logic (32ch analog mixer with midi automations)
it costs about 1500euros, and it's really a great one, not so easy to find; but if you find one, try it and you'll certainly love it for its big anlogic sound
the best way we found, is to record in numeric with pro tools le, mix all numeric tracks in the soundtracs, and the output is recorded in an akai dr4
ther'are all old gears, but still greats ones!

Thanks, Skeuv - I'm checking the Soundtracs mixers... another question: does the Soundtracs Solo Logic have a meterbridge ?

Skeuw - this is e.g. a Mackie meter bridge:

(I mean the leds and/or VU meters on an optional board)

MACMB32.jpg

You mean the Mackie 32:8 ? Yes I did.
The SOundtracs not, but I hope I can believe the dozens of reviews I've been reading last month (some of very respectated music magazines).

They say that no mixer in the same price range (they mean especially the Mackie 24:8 and 32:8 mixers) can beat the sound quality of the Soundtracs TOPAZ Project 8. It should be (by far !) the best mixer in its category.

you can believe it!
madonna herself and many others used solo logic...
verify every channels eq before to buy it;
i wish you the best!

Eq You!

Yeah, I`ve been told by our consultant , who is a qualified audio engineer, that the best EQ he has encountered on any mixer is Allen&Heath and he has been critical of the chinky cheapo you mention.

Yours equally,

Max

Wow, old thread. Definitely no-more-worse EQ section than current budget or slightly more expensive mixing consoles.

THM's threads helped me a lot when looking for a different console or considering going back to a digital mixer.

In case anyone is interested, he ended up with a Soundtracs Solo Logic and I with a Soundtracs MRX 32/8. I didn't realize until after I got my console later down the line that THM ended up with a Soundtracs board. Pretty happy with my board, I believe THM is pretty satisfied with his also.

Digital Mixers or Analogue?

Dear Z`s,

Listen, when you wake there will be this reply.

Elsewhere you will find me seeking salvation and/or divine intervention
with a Soundcraft 328XD - the Tyrannasorous Rex of its time,dominant in its little world but soon extinct.

Analogue mixers these days means two British makes, Allen&Heath or Soundcraft. Analogue produces the best sound and (I did`nt know this for a long time) may be used with digital DAWS and IS by many many top audio engineers.

Rest in peace
Max

Back