Someday EP (Please Leave Feedback!)

foresonic

Hey guys! I just finished my first album/EP. I'm new to music production, so I figured it would be invaluable to receive any and all kinds of feedback on my music. These are among the first complete songs I've ever made, so the mixing is probably pretty bad, but it's kinda hard for me to tell as a newbie. ;)

Link: Foresonic
(the fourth song, Someday, was originally exported in a lossy .mp3 format, so its quality is not the best)

I'll appreciate any constructive criticism. I'm not very easily demotivated, so don't be shy with the feedback! *ducks for cover*

this is some really cool stuff. 2 is def my fave.

This is a really good start way better than most of my music for a long time. Great work!

Thanks for the feedback, here's what I can tell you for your tracks:
- Track 1: Use some sidechaining on the bass (and almost everything else), it's amazing how much that will clear up your mix and give room for your kicks while giving the track rythm. Also the drums could use a bit of reverb.
- Track 2 : Cool weird track, I think there's something missing in the high end, like a synth with a lot of reverb on it. It needs more things to keep it interesting:
- Track 3: Cool chord progression and I like the drum pattern but it I feel it needs a bunch of effects throughout the track and a synth melody on top of it.
- Track 4: I like the arpeggiated synth, it's cheesy as hell but I dig it :P
Overall my feedback to you would be this. You're on the right track, just keep adding stuff to keep the track interesting so that even though it's the same chord progression it's still interesting. I still struggle with that to an extent myself.
Also, get sylenth1 if you don't have it, you'll get really good sounds out of it and there are billions of presets online.
Cheers !

Thanks for the feedback, here's what I can tell you for your tracks:
- Track 1: Use some sidechaining on the bass (and almost everything else), it's amazing how much that will clear up your mix and give room for your kicks while giving the track rythm. Also the drums could use a bit of reverb.
- Track 2 : Cool weird track, I think there's something missing in the high end, like a synth with a lot of reverb on it. It needs more things to keep it interesting:
- Track 3: Cool chord progression and I like the drum pattern but it I feel it needs a bunch of effects throughout the track and a synth melody on top of it.
- Track 4: I like the arpeggiated synth, it's cheesy as hell but I dig it :P
Overall my feedback to you would be this. You're on the right track, just keep adding stuff to keep the track interesting so that even though it's the same chord progression it's still interesting. I still struggle with that to an extent myself.
Also, get sylenth1 if you don't have it, you'll get really good sounds out of it and there are billions of presets online.
Cheers !
Thank you very much for the feedback, man! It's really appreciated. Hell, I'd never even heard of sidechaining until today. :D I'll definitely take those points into consideration in the future. Thanks again!

Hey guys! I just finished my first album/EP. I'm new to music production, so I figured it would be invaluable to receive any and all kinds of feedback on my music. These are among the first complete songs I've ever made, so the mixing is probably pretty bad, but it's kinda hard for me to tell as a newbie. ;)

Link: Foresonic
(the fourth song, Someday, was originally exported in a lossy .mp3 format, so its quality is not the best)

I'll appreciate any constructive criticism. I'm not very easily demotivated, so don't be shy with the feedback! *ducks for cover*

Epiphany was pretty good, I feel like it should have retained the theme from the start though, it was a really good sample! Would have sounded better with that returning now and again. But I saw that you put Electronica in the tags so if that was what you were aiming for then it's not too bad.

Almost Lucid was good, I liked that one. Nice chilled atmosphere and from someone who doesn't listen to much electronic music, the synths and percussion were a nice addition.

Someday 2 was pretty cool, it was a nice build up from Almost Lucid. Made the whole EP feel a little more progressive.

Wasn't a big fan of Someday, didn't sound much different from Someday 2. I like how you made the melody more complex and it was definitely more immersive haha.

All in all, if this was one of your first albums, then good job! Definitely made me look at electronic music in a diifferent light. Mix was pretty good as far as I could tell, while I'm on my laptop.

Favourite track was Almost Lucid. Would overall rate the album 6.75/10, and that's from an electronic newbie haha.

Return feed? - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...edback/short-experimental-track-[f4f]-474215/

Epiphany was pretty good, I feel like it should have retained the theme from the start though, it was a really good sample! Would have sounded better with that returning now and again. But I saw that you put Electronica in the tags so if that was what you were aiming for then it's not too bad.

Almost Lucid was good, I liked that one. Nice chilled atmosphere and from someone who doesn't listen to much electronic music, the synths and percussion were a nice addition.

Someday 2 was pretty cool, it was a nice build up from Almost Lucid. Made the whole EP feel a little more progressive.

Wasn't a big fan of Someday, didn't sound much different from Someday 2. I like how you made the melody more complex and it was definitely more immersive haha.

All in all, if this was one of your first albums, then good job! Definitely made me look at electronic music in a diifferent light. Mix was pretty good as far as I could tell, while I'm on my laptop.

Favourite track was Almost Lucid. Would overall rate the album 6.75/10, and that's from an electronic newbie haha.

Return feed? - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...edback/short-experimental-track-[f4f]-474215/
Thanks for that, man! I appreciate it. As for Someday (track 4), it's a song I made a long time ago, and Someday 2 is sort of a sequel made in an attempt to make it sound better. That's pretty much why it sounded the same as Someday 2. Just some background info for ya. :)

I'll definitely check out your thread. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Listening to Epiphany and it sounds like it has a lot of potential, I think you are now really to start studying up on "mixing", I was taught to always compress>>Eq>>Level in that order and also start with the percussion first. So do your research on the fews things if you aren't already familiar and good luck! Oh and check me out: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...official-video-100%-feedback-returned-473571/
Thanks for the tip! I'll check your thread out now.

Dig the melody in Epiphany, Almost Lucid has a very ethereal feel to it, love the upbeat tone in Someday 2, and Someday has a similar feel.
Overall a great EP man, keep it up!:D

Back