So Will this work or not...

N

Nervouspace

Well...anybody djing fl studio? or know of possible ways to do so?

Last edited:
NO....and NO....DJ'ing has been taken to far now days IMO. The true essence of the DJ has been lost with these iPod DJ contraptions and what have you. Just buy some turntables.

well how would I perform one of my already produced tracks in a live setting?

well how would I perform one of my already produced tracks in a live setting?
Too many things can go wrong playing your song from the DAW. It could freeze or not play right. Your better off just exporting the song and playing it from a CD or an Ipod or however you want to do it. If you want a more "live" way to play it, you could use a sampler and export the different parts and arrange them live. Ableton live is the only DAW that is designed to be played live. I mean technically you could just play it from your DAW but then your just pushing play...

Well....What are some examples I could do differently besides just pushing play? I dont want to just push play...

Anndddd thats why i am recommending you just stay a bedroom DJ for a while more....You got a lot to learn man. Learn it right. You **** up your first gig you're gonna be petrified about doing any others.

Ok....I agree. Any gear/software or video tutorial recommendations would be appreciated...I know nooootthiinnnggg about dj'ing/live performance

For performing your tracks I would recommend buying/learning Traktor. You could then bounce your song into stems and do a live mix/remix of your song. Look into turntablism or controllerism.

Back