So whats your story?

H

Hinojosa

I'd figure this was the place, so what got you into producing music, why do you do it? Ups and Downs? Achievements?

Heres mine:
It all started around a year ago, i was 15 back then, and some guys from my classroom started a like rap duo, they sucked, so i created a rap duo and like challenged them to rap battles, it was all kind of a joke, we sucked, they were a little better, id figure if i made a track and recorded ourselves it would be better than acapella stuff, so i used Guitar Pro to make my first track, i showed it to a friend, who gave me a copy of his FL, and made my first beat, it was crap, but everyone around school liked it, so i kept on going, my beats were like 1 track pieces of crap, they sucked, 4 months later i was applying my piano and theory knowledge to my beats, they werent as crappy anymore, and i had created a nickname "M.C K-RIO" pronounced "em-c-ca-ree-oh" which was wordplay for the word sicario, sicarios are the name given to the special forces of the drug cartels, i thought it was so representative of the stuff my country was going through, all this was around may and by august i already had a beat library of over 100 beats, then my computer died and lost all of it, i got a mac, so no more FL, at first i tried using garageband but i felt like a cat in a doghouse, once i gave it a chance i feel in love with is simplicity, and have been using it since, and ive made over 130 beats, most of wich are in my recycle bin, they are no the greatest thing, specially the drum parts arent that good because GB has no sequencer, so im moving up to logic.

Im producing my own album on my free time, i feel kind of proud that i do everything, produce, write, sing ect, i write mostly about the current situation of my country, where there is no justice, there are so many poor people and in less than a month over 500 people have died due to the drug war, i also write about cliche stuff like love, and one thing that bothers me, my parents.

Im an IB student, i graudated from highschool and middleschool (difficult to explain, different system in mexico) with 98, i also swam in the state team, all while playing piano and guitar and mantaining a social life, yet my parents didnt see that, they treat me like if i was thrash, they day i got the student of the year award, i had to congratulate my father, i didnt get any congratulation, my vision of life changed since then, and my family is pretty broken up, my aunt stole so much money from my dad, ive learned not to trust anyone, and yeah, i feel like an hypocrite for complaining for this, because there are people suffering way more than i do, yeah, i feel bad for saying that i suffer, but it hurts, and i already got a record deal from a local record label, but i declined, my dream is to create/motivate change in my country, stop the corruption, stop the extorsions, stop the inocent deaths, and get money to move out and try to aid economically the education in my country so that each day there are less poor poeple who choose to kill people for 400 dollars a week. That, and buy a camaro.

So yeah, whats your story?

Back