So Warner Music Group contacted me the other day....

It got deleted but im thinking about posting the emails in a separate thread.

Not trying to be a hater. But situations like this usually always lead to some bad business. Not Jeff, Jeff is cool people, but screenshots of the email even with the name blocked out is corny and unprofessional. I know a lot of the A & R consultants that work at Warner and im pretty sure they dont want that information posted anywhere. Even if it does seem generic, its not.

Good luck to those submitting, ive just been in situations like this and they lead to bad things. Cut out as many middle men as possible.

So you basically want people to send you beats, so you can go through them and send them again.. but youre a producer submitting music to the label. They contacted you.. looking for music you produced.. Now if youre co-producing and adding stuff to the records cool

but if you gonna be a beat broker to another beat broker to an A & R to an artist on a label.. thats too many hands in the pot. Just being real, the thought is nice, but that chain leads to way too much bad business for real

good luck tho, keep grinding Jeff is a good person to know

Not sure who your guy is, but I can vouch for Jeff. He's good people. I would recommend building a relationship and getting cool with whomever you can in that building and to keep sending them music until they start liking what you send. I would NOT suggest sending other's beats as that's not your job. If you want to get into management or "beat brokering" then maybe, but build that rapport with them and get them to trust to their ear. If you send some music from other's that's they end up not liking that's not a good look lol.

Just my opinion.

Cheers and good luck.

Let me hate a little and just notice how weird this is.

First, 'Yo' and 'What Up' start off the business relationships at Warner? I dont doubt it, but ffs that is ridiculous.
Second, that email asks for your beats, and you are already immediately asking for beats from everyone else?
Gee, thats real nice of you to offer that 'service' before you are even on with these guys at all...
Do you not have any beats for them?

Im lookin at YT vids with <1k plays, and wondering whats going on here.
I thought I remembered hearin a track of yours on SoundCloud.
Where can I hear the beats that were going around the building at Warner?

First, 'Yo' and 'What Up' start off the business relationships at Warner? I dont doubt it, but ffs that is ridiculous.
Second, that email asks for your beats, and you are already immediately asking for beats from everyone else?
Gee, thats real nice of you to offer that 'service' before you are even on with these guys at all...

Word doe

Their asking for more pop beats.. THe kind of pop I don't really make so I gotta work on it... and I don't post my best stuff online so you'll never get to hear it.. I sent beats to their a&r's via email and I tweet them also.. That's why he probably heard of me.. And I know the guys real, so I"m good

Jeff is good people! I have produced a lot of records for Atlantic recording artist Plies and others that's when Jeff hit me to grab the sound he heard that he liked. We have things in works now they are definitely looking for the industry pop type tracks with the hip hop feel... I know all them guys over there they hit me on the regular for tracks, also Mike Caren is the man to get linked with... Good luck and congrats. ps if anyone wants to talk to him hit him on twitter @jeffreybvaughn

Back