So Warner Music Group contacted me the other day....

SwagProductionz

@SlurRty on Twitter
1. So Warner Music Group contacted me the other day looking for beats for Wiz Khalifa, Flo Rida, B.O.B. Trey Songz and more... They said I've been making noise across their building.. Random as hell, and I truly didn't believe the guy. But I looked the guy up and he had CC'ed Jeff Vaughn in the email. I've heard of Jeff Vaughn. He's the Director of A&R's at Warner Music. I'm glad my grind is paying off. I've attached a picture of the email, but I erased the guys name because I DON'T want you guys hitting him up and bothering my connect lol... (I know how y'all do)

2. I'm gonna hook you guys up. I sent tracks in but he says my beats aren't in the direction their going. So I'm gonna have you guys send me tracks and if I deem them good enough I'll send them too him. 3 beats MAX! Here's what he said he's looking for: Wiz Khalifa – Energetic rap tracks with hard drums and big hooks that have the potential to crossover.

Skizzy Mars - young, NYC based rapper. Incredible songwriter. Kid Cudi style rap tracks that mix new sounds and hard drums with great melodies/chords. (SkizTheRapper's Spotlight page on SoundCloud - Hear the world)
I'm gonna create an email account for you guys to send beats in tommorow.... I need tracks like Wiz Khalifa - Roll Up and this track off his new album > Wiz Khalifa - Let It Go feat. Akon [Official Video] - YouTube . Also tracks for bob flo rida trey songz etc... DO NOT SEND BEATS IF YOUR TRACKS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! I WILL MARK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT AS SPAM AND HAVE ALL YOUR EMAILS SENT TO MY SPAM BOX. Send beats if you truly know your good. No tags either. If you don't trust me, don't send. I could really care less if you do. Less beats I have to listen too.. If he likes your track I will contact you and get back to you.

3. I've attached the email so you know I'm not lying..

fp.jpg

in before accusations of forgery lmao.

I hate those kinds of description : hiphop/pop tracks with crossover potential...

Good luck :)

in before accusations of forgery lmao.

I hate those kinds of description : hiphop/pop tracks with crossover potential...

Good luck :)

word I def have a hard time with those tracks I hate those kind of pop tracks ... I wish they would let wiz be wiz but they want him to go pop prolly cause he makes more money off it but wiz is a smoking music type rapper nd thanks for the love everyone!

word I def have a hard time with those tracks I hate those kind of pop tracks ... I wish they would let wiz be wiz but they want him to go pop prolly cause he makes more money off it but wiz is a smoking music type rapper nd thanks for the love everyone!

Naw, those tracks are easy to make. All you need is a good acoustic guitar melody, a nice bass line, upbeat drums, and a few synths. These songs are as easy as trap beats.

I'm gonna hook you guys up. I sent tracks in but he says my beats aren't in the direction their going. So I'm gonna have you guys send me tracks and if I deem them good enough I'll send them too him.

Do you already know what your splits and/or finder's fee will be if Warner decides to move forward with a track produced by another producer? Do you have the contractual paperwork ready to go? You don't want to wait until an offer is made by Warner to then try to figure this out and start negotiations with the producer because any hold up will be looked upon negatively by the label, especially when you have no prior hit discography with them

Last edited:
Naw, those tracks are easy to make. All you need is a good acoustic guitar melody, a nice bass line, upbeat drums, and a few synths. These songs are as easy as trap beats.

I usually delve into in synths only.. Guitar / Pop tracks ARE NOT my thing, but I'll do what I have to do..

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Do you already know what your splits and/or finder's fee will be if Warner decides to move forward with a track produced by another producer? Do you have the contractual paperwork ready to go? You don't want to wait until an offer is made by Warner to then try to figure this out and start negotiations with the producer because any hold up will be looked upon negatively by the label, especially when you have no prior hit discography with them

I'm going to find contracts now online..

Don't get too excited. I've gotten those emails saying the same thing.

You gotta decipher the language.

He didn't say he worked FOR Warner Music Group. What he said was "I'm an A&R Consultant..."

What that means is he's a BEAT BROKER. He knows someone (that may know someone, that may know someone) on the inside of the Warner Building, and he finds beats and passes them along...maybe.

He's a filter for hire. A beat head hunter if you will.

When I used to get these emails, I used to ask things like...

1) Where did you come across my music?
2) Who exactly is talking abut my music?
3) How did you come across my email?
4) Is there a number where I can call you and discuss?

There's no real risk/harm in sending them beats, especially if your joints are up on the internet. Just don't bet the farm on getting a placement thru this guy, because I guarantee you, he sent out 50 emails with the same text.

Notice how he didn't use your name, or anything "personal" about you in the email??

I just got an email like this from an overseas label, wanting K-Pop tracks. I'm like okay, I'll get to it when I get done with these PAYING projects.

Proceed, but understand who you're dealing with. A beat broker.

Don't get too excited. I've gotten those emails saying the same thing.

You gotta decipher the language.

He didn't say he worked FOR Warner Music Group. What he said was "I'm an A&R Consultant..."

What that means is he's a BEAT BROKER. He knows someone (that may know someone, that may know someone) on the inside of the Warner Building, and he finds beats and passes them along...maybe.

He's a filter for hire. A beat head hunter if you will.

When I used to get these emails, I used to ask things like...

1) Where did you come across my music?
2) Who exactly is talking abut my music?
3) How did you come across my email?
4) Is there a number where I can call you and discuss?

There's no real risk/harm in sending them beats, especially if your joints are up on the internet. Just don't bet the farm on getting a placement thru this guy, because I guarantee you, he sent out 50 emails with the same text.

Notice how he didn't use your name, or anything "personal" about you in the email??

I just got an email like this from an overseas label, wanting K-Pop tracks. I'm like okay, I'll get to it when I get done with these PAYING projects.

Proceed, but understand who you're dealing with. A beat broker.

I don't care really, If he works at WMG, I'm happy. I mean this shows my grind pays off. I already got his phone number so I'm good on that end.. Realistically I didn't believe him but if you read the bottom of the picture he had Jeff Vaughn come in and say something. I mean I just got Jeff Vaugn's email too. He definitely isn't just a "beat hunter." He is the director of A&R at WMG and works at Artist Publishing Group. They actually won a couple grammys too. So in no way shape or form am I complaining lol

glad for you cause you are not an ass as poster, you were nice and mature whenever I saw you post. Hope you make it

Be careful, some of you guys might remember my old a&r scam thread from a guy in miami. He threatened to sue me for "slander" and the owner of the future producers network hit me up to get my information. But yall aint trynna see that lol.

Be careful, some of you guys might remember my old a&r scam thread from a guy in miami. He threatened to sue me for "slander" and the owner of the future producers network hit me up to get my information. But yall aint trynna see that lol.
There is a link to that one or it´s deleted?

Back