So....just blew 110 on a sp-505

bldubl

And I honestly am really starting to hate this thing. It's sloooooow as heck and is soooo freakin limited. I've thought of ways to get around its limitations though (even though I haven't tried them yet, and aren't even sure it would work) so I'm hopeful things will get better. My idea btw is to somehow record into audacity if possible a certain loop that i've created and continue recording seperate effects laden synths into audacity later, but i dont know how long that would take or if it's even possible......help?

LOL!!!!!!

THIS THING IS HIDEOUS!!!

SP-505_.jpg

It's all good dude...i have a MC-505 & a SP-606...AND I HATE THEM BOTH!!! LOL! but at least they ain't as ugly as that shyt!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent $250 on it a few months ago, and hated it at first. The sequencer seemed ****ty and only 4 tracks was an annoyance. Though, in the last few weeks, I have fallen in love with this unit. It has a digital rawness to the sound that I really like. Wish I had a 606 to go with it, but that might just be overkill.

Sometimes I use the 505 as my sampler and effects unit and resample all the sounds into the 2000xl and sequence on there. Very nice combo.

What other equipment do you currently have?

A little bit of not shyt lol.....a guitar.....but yeah now that i'm messing around more with the effects i'm gaining new hope, but still I have to find out how to record into le computer.....

i mean...ya know...i only hate the units because they ain't as easy to use as Reason...

i've heard good things about a lot of the Roland / Boss stuff...

i originally bought the 606 to work in tandem with the 505, but just never got around to reading the FAT CRYPTIC MANUAL for the 505...

i'd trade 'em both for a mc-808 though...

for $110, you can't complain. once you get to know it, you'll like it. if not, i'll buy it for 50bux!
LevLove

$110 is great price. The 505 is a great unit but it does take some getting used to. Check out SP-forums.com theres alot of helpfull 505 users there.

Back