So...I need a new USB audio interface

deeg

What up party people? Just wanted to pick your brains for a sec here. I've been using a Fast Track Pro for years now, but it's gotten to the point where the audio will stop outputting (requiring a power cycle to kick back on) sporadically throughout the day It takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 12 hours for the audio to stop outputting until I reset. Tired of this and would like to get another interface. Looking sub 700, but the cheaper the better. I mainly use it to output to my jbl monitors and record in scratching for mixes and mixtapes. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I'm on a hackintosh 10.8.4. Much love.

If you don't need any i/o besides the monitors, the Focusrite Forte or the Apogee Duet might be worth a look. Or the RME BabyFace, but it's a bit over that 700 (that is, if you're talking about US$).

The more that I thing about it, ideally I was hoping for something that has at least (3) inputs, (2) of them being universal jacks. I'm running balanced 1/4" outs from my mixer and wouldn't mind having a mic input that I don't have to keep swapping the 1/4"s out to use. Also, it doesn't have to be portable at all. Looking to have this stay in the studio space. Thanks!

Back