So I just won.....

Breakfast with Rick Ross you say?

My advice is get there early if you wanna eat. lol

But seriously, have a beat cd ready to go in your car. And make sure you got beat in the trunk. Pull up knockin your shit and one of his associates may take notice.

Last edited:
Here's where people skills are most essential. It can be an opportunity of a lifetime if you play your cards right. Don't talk about you and your goals unless you're asked. Just try to be cool and go with the flow and feel him out. He may not even be a morning person. Some people are grumpy as hell in the morning. Choose your words wisely and try not to be too talkative initially. The last thing you want to do is come across as a male groupie. On the other hand, successful people respect someone who grinds hard so have a beat cd ready. Hand it to him at the end, keep the convo brief. Just make sure you leave proper contact info. Dont give him a cell phone number that may be cut off in a month or two. That happened to a friend, he submitted a few beats to Raekwon but he lost his job and he couldnt afford his celly. He ran into Rae again 2 years later and found out that Raekwon tried calling him.

Last edited:
Honestly...

Don't be a vulture. Don't go in there shoving your CD in his face. Cuz that'll turn him off. He'll pass it to his man, give him the "look", and your CD is going in the trash.

Be COOL. Be personable. Laugh and joke. And most of all STROKE HIS EGO.

Ask him about HIM. Tell him how big of a fan you are. Talk to him about his next album. Talk to him about HIM.

And at the end, mention u do music and ask him to take a listen to your CD.

this is important but this point can make or break your relationship with him, if you overdo it

We're talking about a man who has a medallion of himself and who has his face on the bottom of his pool. He loves having his ego stroked. I agree with you though.

We're talking about a man who has a medallion of himself and who has his face on the bottom of his pool. He loves having his ego stroked. I agree with you though.

sure, but if you hit a certain point were you compliment too much and at the wrong time shit get's awkward

ask my groupies, i know what im talkin bout

Last edited:
sure, but if you hit a certain point were you compliment too much and at the wrong time shit get's awkward

ask my groupies, i know what im talkin bout

I agree with you, I was just kidding. That's how I feel personally but some people may differ. However when you enter a contest to meet a celebrity, you may already be viewed as a groupie.

^^^^kinda, but if ross would see it as a bad thing he wouldn't even particitape, so with that in mind and all the advice you got you'll be fine, its a once in a lifetime chance, use it

Last edited:
Get an ipod, load your music on it and give it to him. Take a cd, usb drive, and business card. Definitely feed his ego but don't make it weird. I'd play the majority of the breakfast being a fan and when things start to wind down, bring up business. Keep it brief and to the point.

Man take ALL of it with you be prepared fam. If that was me I would have a cd,usb he can have,dropbox info, anything and everything. Plus be yourself that wins ppl over! Hope everything goes well!

Back