SNII, Virus B, JP8080, etc... - Which one for a Beginner

R

Rick J

Hello

If already posted a Thread about 'Synths'....
Im a absolute beginner.... i probably also need a midi keyboard... The Yamaha CBXK2 49-Key, Full-Size, Velocity Sensitive Key, XG, MIDI Keyboard Controller...

Can I hook it up to my RS7000???

I've done some reasearch and ive come up with either the:

- SNII Rack

or the

- VIRUS b

I NEED you're advice people, so please post any information you wanna share with me...

Thx
Rick

As I already mentioned in other threads:

1) forget about the JP8000/JP8080
=> I own a JP8080, and the sounds were very good for a v/a synth at the time of the release (some years ago), but today the JP is only that good for strings/pads; there are lots of better v/a synths (Virus, Waldorf Q, Supernova II, Yamaha CS6X, ...)

2) the Virus B is a very good synth, but if you can afford a SNII, get the SNII
=> I tried them both, and finally I chose the SNII, because I had the impression that the SNII was more powerful and brilliant than the Virus B

3) the Novation Supernova II is the best thing you can find ( today... )
=> that synth changed my life, so that's something... :)

For specifications of the SNII, U can visit :
Supernova II Rack

Pier ;)

man, they're even daft at making specs at the novation sites... they need some more people I guess.
Cause multitimbral capacity has nothing to do with FM and ringmod... Bwahaha...
And with the new "double Saw" you can get up to 6 detuned saws per voice... now aint that something?
That's 6 saws, 2 independant Ringmod/2 ops FM generators and a noise generator per voice...
niiiiiice

Sheeeeeite!

NONE!

Cheesus.. learn your RS-7000 first and see if music is your thing...
A beginner does not need the best VA out there to create music.
The RS-7000 is enough powerful to create a good piece o music and especially learn... You got a good sound engine, a awesome sampler plus a hardware sequenser.

Its not what you own its what you do.. Make a song with your RS-7000 and upload it so we can download it. If its good, your ready for the next step a, VA. If it sounds like a dude that did his first piece of dance music with a ****expensive rs-7000 then all you need is practice.

Last edited:
Back