Skyzoo's new album

mwandishi

For the heads. Skyzoo dropped a new joint this week. I'm still going through it, but I think its solid overall. He's using more producers in addition to 9th and illmind, like Jahlil and Focus, plus he has Jill Scott on one track and Talib on another. I think he's one of the best young lyricists in the game. Thoughts:

dub and hiphop continue to merge

Last edited:
"young"? is very generous, Skyzoo has been in the same position career wise since i was in high school lol, havent heard the album, but from the joints i have heard sounds like the typical Skyzoo album. Hopefully with the net and shit like that he can get a tour popping and a situation for himself

Ha. lol. Didn't know his age but didn't think he was over 30. Typical album setup ya, but i thought he was gettin more luv/recognition now. I think he's real nice with it, and i wish he got more recognition. Don't know specifics of his situation though.

He's dope problem is his sound is too underground to go mainstream. He needs more 1 noise beats with 808s and wack subject matter. The way the game is today he's too complex for the average listener. They just want to dance and wear skinny jeans with high tops.

He's dope problem is his sound is too underground to go mainstream. He needs more 1 noise beats with 808s and wack subject matter. The way the game is today he's too complex for the average listener. They just want to dance and wear skinny jeans with high tops.

Kendrick Lamar the most popular rapper in the game right now, the average listener just wants to hear shit thats good and doesnt sound boring. Skyzoo for the most part is boring, all the songs i heard sounded like the same music he was putting out back in 06

Kendrick Lamar the most popular rapper in the game right now, the average listener just wants to hear shit thats good and doesnt sound boring. Skyzoo for the most part is boring, all the songs i heard sounded like the same music he was putting out back in 06

I think it has to do with his Production. Dre Beat/Feature. Also the swimming pools record is not exactly a typical beat he'd rap over. It's very mainstream. I agree though Skyzoo's voice is pretty boring. Kendrick Lamar has an interesting flow.

sky has a niche fanbase though, hes the ultimate backpack rapper

its hard to put someone like skyzoo and kendrick in the same lane, kendrick will appeal to a lot of people, sky is only going to appeal to his niche, thats the idea

idk i dont like that excuse

Kendrick Lamar used to rap like Jay Rock. its all about finding what sound fits you best, and i dont think Skyzoo knows what sound would fit him best because seems like he doesnt try a lot of different stuff. Which isnt a bad thing, i just find it odd that this the same convo i have everytime SKyzoo is brought up.. for the past.. 6 years

Wow boring is pretty harsh. Sounds like u don't like him. I agree that he might not be mainstream, but a I think a real lyricist like him gets more respect than that. U might not like his style, but he got flow. Anyway, to each is his own.

i thought this album was def a step in the right direction atleast, a lot more approachable beats especially on it.
I thought the same thing when I looked at the credits, so we'll see.

Last edited:
Back