Single off my upcoming EP "Kodomo"

Kodomo is Japanese for children. Is that the version of the word you were thinking of or does your Kodomo mean something else?

Anyways, I like the synth and chords from the into. That bassline is way too loud imo. Beats seems all over the place. It changes up every few seconds and a lot of the percussion seems random. Around 1:33 the beat starts coming together for me and I can groove to it more. I like it at that part. The vocals are completely drowned in the mix for most of the song. I like how the singer has like a late 80s, early 90s sound. I don't know if it works that well with this beat. Around 3:17 the beat gets really cool to me. Maybe if some of the percussion was just turned down I'd like it more.

I think the singer should be dryer in the mix. With some much going on in the beat, having so many effects on her isn't helping out and combined with the low volume of her it just drowns her even more behind everything else.

Having said all of that, I kinda dig this. I have major issues with the arrangement/mix but there's good stuff in it that I think could be cool with a more restrained mix. I like the core of what's there.

Check me out when you get a chance.

Thanks a lot. That was very constructive. I will def put that into consideration. And yea KODOMO in japenese stands for children or Kid. Thats what i had in mind

Back