since swapping daws...

cartwheel1984

hey all since I swapped over daws from fl to logic I cant seem to get to grips with laying drums out quickly. fl studio is amazing for creating drum loops but I seem to lack speed on logic. just annoys me sometimes and very time consuming.

also when I load old projects up it cant find my old drum samples when using ex24 sampler? anyone know why?

dam it seem like everybody else started switchin from fl studio too lol.logic and fl put emphasis on two separate parts by the way.
logic is a linear daw(linear's imo betta) fl studio is a clip based daw that is used for patterns which is faster for mice but not for midi.

although i will say fl has a feature that should seriously be a standard already, wait for input is common sense.

Lmao I had the exact same problem. Switched from FL to Logic just like you too.

The solution is to use a plugin called Battery. It's very similar to FL's drum browser. However it has no step sequencer like FL, so you have to play your drums out on a midi keyboard or use the piano roll. Nowadays I prefer to actually play my drums on a midi keyboard or some pads rather than just clicking them in on a step sequencer. It takes some time, but you'll get used to it

Back