Simple FL Studios question.

RayTheGlock

Ok so I'm fairly new at producing (been using reason for about 5 months now) but I decided to try FL Studios cause it's always intrigued me lol.

Now my issue is that I'm using Edison to sample this loop, now I highlighted the part of the song that I want, & dragged it to the step sequencer. Now when I hit play nothing is happening. It will just play everything but not the sample.

Is their something I'm doing wrong ? Please help I've watched countless tutorials but none are answering the question.

Last edited:
make sure there are orange tinted lines seperating the red stuff from the untouched material.if the chops are literally right after each other you dont need to close them with the end region buttong those are for chops that are a fair distance apart from one another.

I do not know of these orange tinted lines of what yu speak of, possibly talking about Slicex?

Now I just tried something different though, I dragged the sample & put it in the playlist. Is that how it's supposed to work & then from there I add my drums,snares, etc while it loops ???

Now my issue is that I'm using Edison to sample this loop, now I highlighted the part of the song that I want, & dragged it to the step sequencer. Now when I hit play nothing is happening. It will just play everything but not the sample.

In Edison, hit the right most button above the waveform. (Send to playlist as audio clip / to channel). Now whatever you had should just get added as an audio clip to the step sequencer.

Now start adding some notes in that audio clip the way you normally would with any other sound. Each note will trigger the loop you had in Edison. After you do that, press play.

Last edited:
there are three methods.i talked about regions and raytheglock talked about the playlist method.

regions is one of the chop tools in slicex that let you make individual chops inside slicex entirely then lets you do as you please afterwards.
after making regions you can put the chops in fpc, playlist, or sampler channel. youtube tutorial "slicex regions" from some people who make tutorials.

In Edison, hit the right most button above the waveform. (Send to playlist as audio clip / to channel). Now whatever you had should just get added as an audio clip to the step sequencer.

Now start adding some notes in that audio clip the way you normally would with any other sound. Each note will trigger the loop you had in Edison. After you do that, press play.

I did this & it's still not playing, I hit the buttons for example the drums to give it something but my sampled loop still isn't playing. The only time the loop will play is when I hit the green "song" switch next to play :(

But this doesn't help me at all cause I like my melody to play while I add to it.

there are three methods.i talked about regions and raytheglock talked about the playlist method.

regions is one of the chop tools in slicex that let you make individual chops inside slicex entirely then lets you do as you please afterwards.
after making regions you can put the chops in fpc, playlist, or sampler channel. youtube tutorial "slicex regions" from some people who make tutorials.

maybe I should try slicex & see if I have any luck ?

Last edited:
you have to tick the first step in the sequencer to trigger the sample. Also if your sample is on a different pattern then the rest of your instrumentation, the only way to play it all together would be to lay each pattern in the playlist and switch to "song mode"

Back