shyness

LostProfit

I always feel a bit pathetic when I go to a music centre and try something I don't know how to use.

With synthesisers, piano, drums I am fine.

Its not even that I think these other shoppers are better than me, but they are churning these little indie rock melodies out quite easily, spending a lot of time in groups of two or three and I'm more of a post-production person I'm just lookign around on my own, I need to be alone with the instrument, that way I can learn and get what I want out of it.

Is there anything that helps you tune out all these other people? Its a bit demoralising when the seller doesn't think you have any talent.

Just go in there and whop dat trick.. Fugg em.. Don't care what a bunch of strangers think of you man, life is to short.

research what you want first on the net/youtube. then just go in, plop down the money, get your purchase and go.

You went in there with a purpose, stay focused on that purpose!! ...or recreate your most awesome beat on the spot, in your flyest clothes, with your homie video tapeing!!! Have an entourage hyping you up goin crazy, then have half naked females approach you afterwords!!

you kno, which ever works for you *Kanye shrug*

Yeah stay focued, if you don't you end up a)wasting time b)being tempted to buy something else and c) talking to idiot sales people (although every once in a great while there are cool people)

It will pass in time as your skills and confidence grow .
(sounds like I should have put the word "son" in there somewhere!)

At least you're not one of those dip****s that goes in and cranks it up but completely sucks. I hate that. I don't go to Guitar Center to be impressed.

Yeah, just do what you gotta do. If the pushy sales people come up tell them first you're just looking and second your broke. If the first one doesn't take care of them, then the second definitely will.

People bring their indie cliques to Guitar Center?

LAME!

Trust me, they're the losers.

Besides, GC sucks for guitars. How are you supposed to try out an instrument when there is MUSIC playing on loudspeakers over your head? It has to be the dumbest store ever. They literally attack you with sound that sort of brainwashes you so that they can take advantage of you.

If I walk into a guitar store, and I don't see an old dude with long white hair who is probably named "Bucky" sitting behind the counter telling stories about roadie-ing for Jethro Tull, I walk right the fugg out of there.

Real tlk.

Dont be intimidating by these people. Go there, and do what you have to do... Stay Focused....
I always feel a bit pathetic when I go to a music centre and try something I don't know how to use.

With synthesisers, piano, drums I am fine.

Its not even that I think these other shoppers are better than me, but they are churning these little indie rock melodies out quite easily, spending a lot of time in groups of two or three and I'm more of a post-production person I'm just lookign around on my own, I need to be alone with the instrument, that way I can learn and get what I want out of it.

Is there anything that helps you tune out all these other people? Its a bit demoralising when the seller doesn't think you have any talent.

a lot of people who are into the arts tend to be introverted. I'll repeat what they said earlier: stay focused. Cus you're purpose wasn't to impress the losers chillin in guitar center, right?

Back