Should I giveup my dream of being a rapper?

there's nothing wrong with your voice, it stands out which a lot of times is good. your flow just needs tightening up, at times you try to squeeze a whole bunch of words into a bar and it sounds messy, you need to work on your cadence and let your words flow more naturally instead of forcing them into trying to make a rhyme

Last edited:
The problem is not in your voice, its in how you use it.

You're forcing too many syllables on yourself and you rap too forced. Nothing that can't be fixed with practice.

What you should do is get the book "How to Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC" and focus on the sub chapter "vocal techniques" from the chapter "delivery."

I know, I've read that whole book...... anyways, I've deleted that track and ima try again with another song but do the delivery alot slower and enunciate and see how that turns out.

Sounds a lot better! I still think you could slow it down at certain places, when you say too many syllables at a time, it becomes unclear to understand. But props, that's a big improvement in a short time.

First off, you have to lose the "I can not rap" aspect. You have to build upon your mistakes or shortcomings. Rapping is all about the heart. You have to remind yourself that everyday is a different day. I honestly believe that any one with a talent must master his talent. Keep that head up and continue to focus on your goal. Even if you do not make it mainstream. You can say that your are a one of a kind artist.

I wouldn't say give up,i would say try different things . . .Everyone raps,but how many people rap and tap-dance at the same time?lol Try some thing new that would draw more attention to yourself.;) My opinion . . .

Dude, you should basically make a choice. Because it's not about you being a good or bad rapper or the industry. What do you really want to do? Let's say your life lasted 50 years, would you like to spend that time working for some a**hole or would you prefer doing whatever it's that you wish to do? It's not about you being good enough for rapping, you can keep listenin everything on your way ( if you choose music as your way way ) and practice, beleive me if you do, it will work. At least you ll be a happy man knowing that you are good enough, you ll prove yourself that you are and you ll eventually be a happy man even if you dont be f***ing "Doctor Dre" in the end but who knows...
We all have our paradoxes, and it s always about the people around us. They don't beleive in you if you are an artist, (a rapper, a singer, etc..) because they don't see that as a lifestyle or they just dont want to beleive that you would have a chance, but you a since they are not in it. Even most of the ones that you think that is into music or rapping will treat you like sh*t when the time comes. Well so you ll see a lot of people sucking the BELIEF out of you on your way. ( if you choose it.)
I am sure you can't stop yourself from checking out how the industry is going but you are actually the industury. Just find people that will help you on your way, they will all abandon you at the end but if you don't stop and keep going, I am definite that you ll be satisfied in all ways. It's not about the MONEY or WOMEN or DRUGS or FANCY CARS. Dude you can get all of those without being a rapper, just with saving up some money. It's about not F***ing around but instead doing what you want to do in your life. So you take your shot.

ali

Last edited:
RA the Rugged Man is putting it down, there is an example of a white rapper who has remained virtually underground but made a living with a style most disregarded as never gonna make it. Finally after years of hard work and putting out some of the craziest tracks he is getting his props as one of the most prolific in the industry.

He even once made the boast that he doesn't pay over a certain price for any beat he raps over (I think it was 1k or less) so if you got skills and keep with it eventually it will happen, but it aint gonna be a one year journey...it may just be 10 years in the trenches working shitty jobs so you can pay for your next session.

RA the Rugged Man is putting it down, there is an example of a white rapper who has remained virtually underground but made a living with a style most disregarded as never gonna make it. Finally after years of hard work and putting out some of the craziest tracks he is getting his props as one of the most prolific in the industry.

He even once made the boast that he doesn't pay over a certain price for any beat he raps over (I think it was 1k or less) so if you got skills and keep with it eventually it will happen, but it aint gonna be a one year journey...it may just be 10 years in the trenches working shitty jobs so you can pay for your next session.

For real.
Another emcee worth mentioning is Ka. Dude didn't break through until damn near 40 years old.

You can hit me at aviditybeats@gmail.com i rap as well and would love to collab with anyone struggling just to work together and have fun on a record with another artist. But to the post...

Equipment is so accessible now days that between that and media outlets really is the reason its so saturated. But its expensive as well so it's understandable if you don't got it and if you're not in a big city its probably tough to find a studio with the equipment ya need.
Hell I been rapping since 13, im 27 and I've made a few thousand from it but nothing to live on for sure. My new ambition is production and I'm working damn hard at it. A producer who is now signed with Jermaine Dupri told me when I was 24, "I started as a rapper, and loved the keyboard more so I wrote the songs but produced beats as well, and now I get paid to write and produce, double win". You may be a great rapper one day, you may be a better producer, you may be a better manager, promoter, dj, exec, a&r etc etc. But you gotta stick with it. If your heart is in music don't give up bro, keep at it. The bullshit that comes with it goes away eventually. And you say you been at it for a year. Bro nothing comes in a year. Maybe for some but those people have a single and fizzle out by the end of the summer they got signed. Longevity comes to those who embrace the struggle and work through the bullshit to dig for the light that no one else said could be found.
I'm white and started with a shitty sound. PC and Radio Shack mic, cable cord wrapped around a hook and positioned a vacuum hose to stuff my mic in as my mic stand, using Cool Edit Pro. 14 Years later I'm barely ahead of that, i got protools 7.3 (very outdated) and a Superlux mic which needs upgraded bad, but cause of the years I've learned to mix phenomenally and my sound is pretty well known here for the locals who look to record.
Point being, it isn't what you got it's how you use it. If you got the heart for hip hop, use it! If you got a set up of any sort, use it! Youtube tutorials on mixing and such in whatever software you use and create soundclick and soundcloud pages, my designer is KingStarz.com 90 bucks sets you up with a professional page, paypal synced, catalog, and its a .com which is always better than a soundcloud/click anyday.
Use the internet to find sources for your style, put videos up and hit the social medias with it, network with anyone and everyone cause you never know who they may know and who may be viewing their page that has your music on it.

Sorry for the novel, I wanted to give up 1b times in the past and just never had the nerve to, maybe why im 27 and still poor cause I still invest a lot in it. But its my love and its my soul can't turn my back on that lol, if music makes you feel alive, then don't let the things that bring you down from it let your dream die.

Back