should i get rid of the Korg ESX(electribe)

Adro

So i've had my Korg ESX for a year now. Pros: I learned and got a feel for it very quickly.I like its sequencer(even though I didn't learn how to make more than one sequenced pattern on a song) has good effects as a hardwareCons:It doesn't have a USB portIt uses a discontinued Smart Media CardI couldn't get it to connect with any DAW's or Serato as a midi controllerShould I just sell this and invest into like a APC or MPD??

You know this is one of those questions no one but you can really know the answer to.

1. You might sell it then one day want a standalone groovebox to make beats on away from the computer.

2. You might sell it and read a thread where it's being praised and wish you had dug into it more deeply.

3. You might buy the APC and/or an MPD and realize that it's your MIDI connections/soundcard that are the problem and realize that your con really wasn't a true con.

OR...

4. You might hold on to it and a year or two later - it's still collecting dust.

5. You might be heading towards being wholly software based and keeping a workflow centered around an unappreciated piece of hardware could be holding you back.

i wish i kept my korg esx that machine has the best build quality smooth sound ill fx the only thing i did not like is how the chop and mute groups was implemented.

i say keep it its a real nice novelty machine, however there is a mark 2 version with usb connectivity and 2 gb storage card

the memory card issue is a minor all u do is go to any camera shop and cop that type of memory card or grab one from ebay with a card reader for ur pc to transfer shit back n forth its a dope unit the only weakness is the way the mute groups are implemented if it were not for that i woulda kept it.

It probably won't get you a chunk of cash. The one thing the electribe has going for it is that it's something you can toss in your bag and jam out for 20 mins on a break at work (for us non pro musicians) or just lay around the living room with. I sold mine because I needed the money, but I wish I still had it for those times when I don't want to power everything on and just play around for a little bit. The fun factor of those machines is great, it's like the PSP for musicians. Just my $.02

Back