Should I get Reason

ROTATION

I already have FL Studio but I am getting a lil bored with the same sounds and plugins. I hear alot of different things about Reason and Logic as good programs. How are the stock sounds in Reason vs the stock sounds in Logic??

I actually went from FL studio to reason at one point and switched back to FL down the line. If sounds Is all you're after, why not try some new vsts? To me, even with refills, reason was more limited in sound choice and I got tired of looking at the same screen all the time lol.

If you want new sounds you should buy some expansions for the vsts you have or buy some new ones rather than buying a whole new program and then having to learn that. In many ways I think having Reason and FL together may be counter productive if you just want new sounds.

Get it now, 6.5 is on the way and a whole new raft of features are coming including rack extensions

Thanks guys....well I have nexus, purity, sylenth, and lots of other small vsts...i tweak my sounds alot too so idk maybe i just get bored or uninspired sometimes lol. does that happen with anyone else

Thanks guys....well I have nexus, purity, sylenth, and lots of other small vsts...i tweak my sounds alot too so idk maybe i just get bored or uninspired sometimes lol. does that happen with anyone else

There's no way you can be bored with all of those sounds. What else are you looking for?

Reason has a very different workflow than FL Studio so if you're looking for a new workflow, then that's a good reason to switch. Even though Reason has fantastic sounds and its modules are infinitely tweakable, the sounds themselves shouldn't be a reason to switch. The money you would invest in Reason could be better spent buying sample libraries for FL or VSTs that you would be able to use in other apps should you ever decide to use one. Just my 2-cents

If a different workflow is what it takes to inspire you then hey, go for it. Download the demo and try it out. Now here's why I have a problem with your questions:

If you're proficient with FL Studio and know it inside out, then there is absolutely no reason (no pun intended) to try a different DAW. Reason is not going to help you make better music, only PRACTICE can do that. We all have moments of writer's block but that is just part of the creative process. I found an excellent article about inspiration when it comes to music. Check it out before spending your hard earned money. Here's a quote from the article:

"Stop looking for it; stop waiting for it to arrive; it's not coming. Now get down to work. The composer is a person who composes, who exerts effort towards making a musical composition. Inspiration is not something to be sought after, but a term that other people label your product with after it is all done. "Wow dude, that was inspired!"."

http://www.tweakheadz.com/musical_inspiration.html

Yes. I've been on Reason since version 3 and do most of my beats/sound design on it. If you learn to perfect it, its an amazing tool. With the Rack Extensions on the way... there is no Reason for me to use anything else. I generally have my engineer mix my joints that we release as singles, albums, etc. But the mixes I get out of Reason are pretty good IMO.

Back