Setting up New Computer??

benny7

Hello,

I just built a new computer with an 8 core processor, 64Gigs RAM, 1TB hard disk drive and a 120Gig Solid State hard drive. I'm just starting to install my favorite programs and this machine is FAST!! The solid state drive isn't that big so I am installing most general programs, music, vids, ect to the spinning hard drive. Of course Windows 7 is installed on the solid state drive. I have told Windows to store all Temp and Internet files on the 1TB drive to keep the ssd uncluttered.

Now............about installing my music programs. I plan on installing my favorites. Fruity Loops 10, Sony ACID7, Komplete 8 and Reason 6. I want performance for these programs but some of the sample/sounds libraries are HUGE. If the programs are installed on the ssd can I store these sound libraries on the other hard disk. I believe all these programs have options for library storage. I need to know the best way to install these programs to get the speed and best performance from the new ssd.

Thanks. -charley

Hello,

I just built a new computer with an 8 core processor, 64Gigs RAM, 1TB hard disk drive and a 120Gig Solid State hard drive.

8 cores, damn didnt even realize they had those...lol ...and i thought i had a nice setup i7-2600 Quad core @3.4GHz , 12gigs of ram. Its safe to say you wont have lag cuz i know i dont with my little machine.I also have huge libraries and it hasnt caused me any issues so far.

Damn!!!! 64 GB of Ram??? Overkill but very awesome.

You can store Komplete 8's libraries on your 1TB drive. You will be prompted to select a location to store your libraries during the installation.

Ideally you should have a system drive and drives for streaming audio, I have a drive bay just for projects and drives for streaming samples.

I'm drooling at 64GB of RAM. How big is the mobo lol. U have more RAM than my first laptop had harddrive space hahahaha.

U can def install libraries elsewhere. That's already been answered tho. I just really wanted toc omment on the RAM

Back