Sennheiser : HD 380 Pro vs. HD 595... for music producing purposes

xerxeeees

Hello dear humans.

Im a filthy noob when it comes to this, but ive gotten into producing music and i desperately need some new headphones for my new hobby..

My friend owns a pair of HD 595's and is willing to sell them to me for 150$, and he also works in a place where they carry the 380's for the same price... ive tried reading up on some reviews and i just keep changing my mind all the time, which is why i seek your help...

Basically i want some great headphones where the sound is as professional as possible so my mixes will sound balanced and accurate on all listening devices. Bass is important to me but i dont want exaggerated bass because that will screw up my mixes.. can anyone help me decide ?
If you need any additional information just let me know, this is my first post here !

Thankssss

Last edited:
HD595's if it were my choice, but... It really doesn't matter because it's all about getting to know your gear. Once you have a track that you're ready to mix/master, import a song you really like and use it as a reference. Pay attention to the lows, mids and highs. Try to get to sound close to that song. Additionally, listen to your track on other systems like a home stereo or TV, your car, etc.

It really does help having some good monitors and headphones, but if you take the time to "learn" what you have, you can make magic.

Thanks for the reply kind sir, good pointers you give there... what about the 595 do you prefer over the 380 ? If you can be bothered, lol

Back