sending beat to rapper

C

Crix

Hi guys. Recently I found a rapper that would like to rap to my beat. How should I send it and should I export beat in highest quality or something? It's my first time dealing with that sort of things because I mainly focus on training. Thanks for response:)

whats the plan afterwards? is he sending it back for you to mix? Is he just rapping over the beat and then project finished?(even though it shouldn't be), etc.. whats the plan? It depends.

The majority of the time he isn't going to need a top quality file if he's just using it as a template to rap over then sending it back to you. In fact I would put an effort into making it bad quality just so he doesnt rip it off. All depends on your relationship with the rapper and your next step as planned.

Last edited:
He agreed to rap to it. I'm using fl studio 11. No, he don't send it to me for mix because i'm not good in mixing vocals yet haha Honestly, I don't even know him, just heard his songs on soundcloud and I thought it will be good to start something more than just producing. This will maybe push me to spend more time for music even if I really put an effort in it.

it's your art and your name. If you trust that he will not ruin your beat with his raps or his mixing skillz. send him a good quality.. just think about like that, when people are going to listen to his track, they will see your name - produced by etc ... so you attach your name to his work.

unless you have more fans, so he his trying to attach his name to your work.. that's how i see it.

Back