Sean Combs Is one of the greats

DROACH

Longevity wise... He's STILL got the hottest artists in the best studios in the busiest city.
Does anyone have interviews on him talking about his grind and success? not promotional videos....
even written?
I gotta dig some information on the dude.. and where his mind must have been at all these years

Longevity wise... He's STILL got the hottest artists in the best studios in the busiest city.
Does anyone have interviews on him talking about his grind and success? not promotional videos....
even written?
I gotta dig some information on the dude.. and where his mind must have been at all these years

I can give you a few pieces of info,

He went to Howard University in Washington DC, and use to intern for a record label in NY (the name of the label escapes me at the moment) but this guy was/is dedicated. He use to travel by train on a regular from DC to NY with no place to stay, JUST to learn the in's and out's of the industry.

Longevity wise, he is definitely someone who has done what alot of his peer's hasn't.

I think it was UpTown Records...

They were like an early version of Death Row or Bad Boy.

Mostly happy songs but you could trust that whatever they put out was going to be pretty good.

Diddy is one of the greats. He said that he just copies what Russell Simmons does.

If you were as narcissistic and outgoing as Diddy, you too could be someone. Kanye comes to mind when I say that.

Sitting around being humble will make people think you're boring... and therefore, NOT ENTERTAINING so you're in the wrong business... even as a producer, you should have some "swag"... Dr. Dre rapped, so did Timbo, Pharrell, Lil Jon, etc... all of the pioneers that made beats and stood behind rappers... only got props from beatmakers. They could never afford Lil Jon's pimp cup.

His mind has been on PUFFY from day one.

He's definitely one of the best Producers modern urban music has seen. Definitely a role model of mine.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

If you were as narcissistic and outgoing as Diddy, you too could be someone. Kanye comes to mind when I say that.

Sitting around being humble will make people think you're boring... and therefore, NOT ENTERTAINING so you're in the wrong business... even as a producer, you should have some "swag"...

Exactly. This is the Business of Entertainment.

Exactly. This is the Business of Entertainment.

The entertainment business is one business where the phrase "Nice guys finish last..." is really fitting.

... I think it's actually because people don't have the time it would take to baby somebody and worry about if their ego is okay. When I think of the music business, I think of all those guys on Wall Street on the floor all screaming at once. Nobody really has the time to stop the chaos and worry about who you are unless you make more noise than the next man.

Back