Scratching Stuff That Isn't On Vinyl?

Backspacez

I've never had a pair of turntables so I'm not gonna sit here and act like I know. A lot of tracks you'll hear the hook being scratched, a new track that came out not too long ago features this Czarface - "Savagely Attack". Inspectah Deck's voice is being scratched on the hook, when he's saying savagely attack.

Now, how does one do that without having his voice on a vinyl record to scratch? Can it be done on traditional turntables, or is it those new Serato things that people do it with? I've heard it done way before that thing even existed though, is there a record function on turntables or something?

Thanks for the help.

I wonder this myself.. I really dont know... but My guess is that somehow they use a empty vinyl record, (what are those called) and sync the mixer between the turntables with mp3 from computer and poff.. but this is just a wild guess.

Its easy. First off Im pretty sure Deck used that line in a Wu-Tang track so its as easy as scratching it off the original. Another way is getting accapellas of previous tracks. But your forgetting that its Decks voice so he could just speak that into a mic in the studio and have the DJ cut it up on Searto or another DVS system.

Back