* Schoolboy Q / TDE / Sounwave type sample beat *

You chopped the HELL outta the sample. You HAVE to tighten them drums up tho. This track could be a MONSTER if the drums matched the intensity of the sample. Its coming along.

You chopped the HELL outta the sample. You HAVE to tighten them drums up tho. This track could be a MONSTER if the drums matched the intensity of the sample. Its coming along.

i like rugged drums... what part should i tighten up? the timing or just the sounds... cause i agree the snare could defff smack a little bit harder -- pause... but idk i feel like theres enough for a rapper to go over... I dont quantize cause that robotic feel puts me to sleep

I like the sample choice but not the drum selection. Experiment with different drum sounds. It could use a punchy kick with a louder snare.

Work on this beat a little more.

--

Give feedback on my beats?
What Do You Think of My Beats? (F4F)

true... kick and snare could hit more... i wasnt crazy about the drums either but they could be switched out... it just takes so long to get the swing of the drums tight when you dont quantize

Last edited by a moderator:
No quantize needed, what you need is a better mix. The sample is dope but its too loud for one. And the drums need to smack a lot harder. If you have trouble mixing on your own you can have an engineer get it tight for you. Or just watch tutorials on mixing, EQ'ing and Compressing drums. The more you do it, the cleaner your sound will become.

No quantize needed, what you need is a better mix. The sample is dope but its too loud for one. And the drums need to smack a lot harder. If you have trouble mixing on your own you can have an engineer get it tight for you. Or just watch tutorials on mixing, EQ'ing and Compressing drums. The more you do it, the cleaner your sound will become.

ill try mixing it again w the sample lower... thanks bruuhh

This sample is so ILL but I have to agree with the comments above about the drums. This sample is so big I think a really simple drum beat with some dotted hi-hats could work really well.

Try downloading the Boi 1da kit some of the drums in there would suit this so well!

Your drums would work well as a fill or as a 2-4 bar intro at the moment before some other drums kick in.

F4F

hey buzz. you got a real nice track here. props for all the chops that uve made. as for the drums try adding in ghost notes from ur snares and bass drum to give it more variety as there is a lot of space for tht in your beat.

appreciate it you could feed me back: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-feedback/j-dilla-inspired-track-f4f-470050/

i thought about doing that... i may just quantize and redo the drums and hear how it sounds... but i wanted the drums kinda rugged w a lot of space between them -- so the rappers vocals have room to breath... i still think a halfway decent rapper would rip this

Back