Sampling: Recycle vs. Edison, am I missing something here? Possibley a noob question.

3ternal

Can you delete the parts you don't want in Recycle?

For instance if I wanted to chop up a loop in Edison first thing I do is find what I like, then delete everything before and after it so it's not in my way at all.

If there are multiple parts I like, I also will delete the space in between the parts too.

In Edison you can easy, IDK if you can do this with Recycle though.

Just for convenience sake, so it doesn't potentially get in my way down the line.

This is super easy to accomplish with Edison, but can you do it with Recycle?

I think you'd have to export the loop you want out of Recycle, then bring it back in to further chop it.

Am I wrong?

Not saying this is some huge deal, just kind of a pain in the ass (as is the whole process of sampling in Reason vs. FL).

when i still used edison, i would just chop big pieces of the sample i liked and save each as a wav, then import them into recycle and do my detailed chops in there.

i still do it the same way but i do my big chops in ableton now.

I know bro I was hoping I can skip the FL part of the sequence ;)

I hate having to bounce stuff around.

Recycle is a loop slicer the idea is to keep all elements of the loop in the loop and play back the loop as a loop to any tempo generally drum loops. Edison is another beast all its own though

I've been using Recycle for all of my beats. It sounds like this Edison is something to look into

Back