Sampling Film/dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

yodaone902

Alot of hip hop samples random bits of film or dialogue. What's the best way to do this as they obviously don't make records of films that i can flip on my technics

Use a hardware or software sampler or perhaps look at digital vinyl options.

One of the issues with using film dialog is there are usually multiple copyrights in place.

Just play the dvd on your computer and record it with whatever software you use to record. I have a USB Interface where I run a cable from the headphone jack into the left and right in. I have a folder named vocal samples and when I came across some audio I liked, I'd just open up the software and hit record. The best audio samples come when you least expect them.

Last edited:
If I have a movie or show I want to sample from I tend to rip the audio track in it's entirety to the computer then sit and just listen to the movie without the video distraction. it makes for a more varied sample selection because the image influences how you feel about dialogue much more than you may think.

Just a suggestion is all.

If I have a movie or show I want to sample from I tend to rip the audio track in it's entirety to the computer then sit and just listen to the movie without the video distraction. it makes for a more varied sample selection because the image influences how you feel about dialogue much more than you may think.

Just a suggestion is all.

intresting idea, though to rip a whole film at high quality audio would be massive. How do you go about it personally?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back