SampleTank2 vs. NI Komplete

M

madebyTAG

Is there anyone who has used both? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance

Do you mean SampleTank 2 vs kontakt 5? Sampletank 2 is a vst sampler and so is Kontakt. Komplete 8 is a software bundle and kontakt is part of the bundle or you can buy it separately. I'd say if you can get an extra $159 go with komplete 8 for $559.00. You'll be getting 27 different products including kontakt 5 which is priced at $399.00.

I'm gonna say Kontakt 5 and no contest on that. SampleTank 2 came out in what 2004? It lacks most features of Kontakt. They're talking about making SampleTank 3, but who knows if that will ever come out. They're more interested in guitar amps, and making iphone accessories. I'm a bit disappointed honestly. I'm not being biased I have SampleTank 2 and the Komplete 8 ultimate bundle.

I would say Komplete also because they are actually developing those products. Like Reaper said Sampletank hasn't been thought of by IK multimedia since like 2004.

I'm not a fan of Sampletank. Granted, I didn't give it much of a chance and only used their free version. I don't even know if it was version 1, or 2. I just know the sounds were thin. Unless I was doing something wrong, everything sounded over-processed and somewhat distorted, or at least harsh-sounding.

On the other hand, NI makes some really good stuff. Even if you were comparing it to the Kontakt sampler, that's a really good and expandable sampler and it includes a sound library. As far as the Komplete 8 bundle, that alone gives you a ton of sounds and endless possibilities if you use Reaktor to make your own synths or use the included ones. It's really not a fair comparison.

This comparison is apples and oranges... Komplete is a bundle of software that includes ROMplers, synths, fx, etc. while Sampletank is just a ROMpler.

I have the original IK Total Workstation bundle (Sampletank, Sonik Synth, Philharmonik... all ROMplers) and I really like but don't totally LOVE it. I bought it a while back when it was a lot more expensive... at the current price it is being offered at I would definitely recommend it.

But to compare it to Komplete is silly and makes no sense.

If you are trying to decide which one to spend a limited amount of money on, it comes down to personal questions: How much do you have to spend? What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for orchestral sounds? Percussion sounds? VST FX? Synth samples? Synth presets? Fully tweakable/programmable synths? What?

me too.

IK is like a poor man's NATIVE INSTRUMENTS.

and this comparison would be more accurate if it was N.I. KOMPLETE vs I.K. TOTAL WORKSTATION.

Is IK and NI being in the same sentence even a fair comparison for anything? I hear the IK fx are really good but I haven't spent much time with any of them.

Back