sampler functions?

SkylarZ

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can anyone tell me what a sampler does? Can it be hooked up to the mixer or turntables? And what about the MIDI? Is it a device to record or produce your own music?

basically a sampler is a device which stores little soundclips of things that u might wanna put in ur mix..it is hooked up to ur mixer.....forgive me if im wrong...but im pretty sure midi is a type of music form....like mp3s but is incapable of handling sounds that detailed...when u go on those webpages that have music that sounds sorta cheap those are midis..not all midis are cheap sounding tho....like piano sounds and stuff..:)..doh...i double posted.......will a moderator please delete my previous post.....thank you..

[Edited by dJ sHoE on 02-06-2001 at 04:46 PM]

Thanks for the explanantion! Isn't there mixers that have sampler functions already built in? I wonder if the KIND of music matters to decide to use a sampler or not but I'm just guessing....still all new to everything and mostly concentrating on working with TT's and a mixer, but it's nice to learn other stuff, like this. Thanks again!

hey shoe, read up on midi :)

midi is just a way electronic musical instruments talk to each other, same thing as u ,modem talks to other computers midi is the same thing for musical instruments :)

yeah......one of the numark mixers has a built in KAOSS pad which is a sampler...they are very useful in mixes...

Back