sample pitch

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
Alright I have a question...say I come across a sample I like that has 2 open parts, I wanna sample a bass part and a melody, the melody I want to pitch up a few cents but I wanna keep the bass part the same. how can I go about doing this and still keeping it in time? the bass part is only about a bar long and the melody is about 4 bars.

Alright I have a question...say I come across a sample I like that has 2 open parts, I wanna sample a bass part and a melody, the melody I want to pitch up a few cents but I wanna keep the bass part the same. how can I go about doing this and still keeping it in time? the bass part is only about a bar long and the melody is about 4 bars.
If its only a few cents, my answer would be don't worry about it - probably no one will hear it. Or shift the melody part so its right, and don't worry about the bass, where one is less sensitive to such small pitch changes. Assuming by "open part" you mean there is a part where there is only the bass, and then another where there is only the melody, then if you wanted to do this, just use whatever time-stretch/pitch-shifting thing you use to pitch-shift without time-stretching the melody part your few cents and you're good to go.

Back