Sample ID - Kanye West - Heartless

RAnthony said:
i thought he was reportedly producing most of the blueprint 3 ??

Yeah he is supposed to be. Originally Timbaland was supposed to do like 10 "Big Pimpin'"'s for him (Timbaland said it, not me) but that was axed by Jiggaman himself. Which is a shame cuz that woulda been awesome. They should do a Gnarls Barkely type-thing where it's just Jay-Z and Timbaland.... anyways. I think people are overexaggerating on the involvement, or lack thereof, of Kanye's role in the production.

Kanye Samples go way back

Kanye Produced everything on 808's and heartbreaks he did have many co-producers though, and no id happened to co produce heartless

And for the answer to the Main Question Kanye Sampled Alan Parsons Project track titled "Ammonia Ave"

Aznceltik came close

What the heck does 'producing' mean anymore? In terms of hip-hop, I mean...

When you say Kanye doesn't produce anymore, do you mean that he's not writing his own music/flipping his own samples? To me, the 'producer' is the guy that curates the band and gets the performance out of them.

Anyone?

NB* I really like Kanye's new album. Yeah, it's a tad samey all the way through, but it was a bold step to move away from the sample-happy, money-rap of the previous records. Not to say that his previous material was bad by any means!

WOO! GZA! LMFAO.

The original sample from Heartless is The Alan Parsons Project-Ammonia Avenue

Actually Kanye did steal something for Heartless - not sure if it was a direct sample or he re-played it, but he took it from 'Ammonie Avenue' by Alan Parsons Project

Back