Sad state of hip hop

ZayFarOut

Is it me? Or is every song on the radio the same?? Rap/ hip hop is in a terrible state right now. The "heavyweights" ( g.o.o.d, mmg, etc) arent that great. The quality of most music is subpar so they win by default. Where is the real music?? Where are the real artists??

F a r t h e r o u t . C o m

@SaintTigg

Last edited:
This exact post word for word was made by another member on this site 5 years ago, only thing that was different was MMG and G.O.O.D. were replaced with Souljah Boy and Young Joc. :cheers:

Is it me? Or is every song on the radio the same?? Rap/ hip hop is in a terrible state right now. The "heavyweights" ( g.o.o.d, mmg, etc) arent that great. The quality of most music is subpar so they win by default. Where is the real music?? Where are the real artists??

F a r t h e r o u t . C o m

If you don't like rap/hip hop, listen to something else. Go away.

my main problem with hip-hop is the word "hating" if you don't like an album by a rich artist or their lyrics. that word needs to stop being used right the **** right now. overall hip-hop is fine if you dig a lil below the radio (rap radio sucks in MA other than college radio).

rap is on a major incline right now and its music for everyone no matter the taste but the fans are so spoiled they want to be spoon fed everything.

my main problem with hip-hop is the word "hating" if you don't like an album by a rich artist or their lyrics. that word needs to stop being used right the **** right now. overall hip-hop is fine if you dig a lil below the radio (rap radio sucks in MA other than college radio).
Ya, I guess i find it weird all these music cats apparently listen to so much mainstream radio. If u go beyond the radio, the music is solid.

Had to add this: The intro to this beat is killer:http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/track/spilled-milk-prod-slopfunkdust
Substantial doing his thing, and the crazy thing is that there are a gang of producers and MCs doing it like this

Last edited:
Its been years since I heard a hip hop record that made me totally 'lose my mind' after hearing it the first time. But that's partially because we're all spoiled by the Internet providing an endless stream of new music at the touch of the fingertips and me just getting to a certain age where life is much more than the club, ******* and money.

Well its always going to be about the money lol...

in terms of major releases, the state of hip hop is piss poor. The public listens to so much bullshit that when they hear something halfway decent, they lose their minds and call it great. There is good hip hop out but u shouldnt have to cipher thru all this other BS. Hip Hop is being misrepresented by 80% of the people in it.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

F A R T H E R O U T . C O M

@SaintTigg

Last edited:
I've said it time and time again...there's still good hip hop out there......BUT you are not gonna find it on the radio!! I can't even tell you the latest hip hop songs on the radio today. No lie. I stopped listening to the radio for good this year. There's no point of me complaining of something I don't like. So I went elsewhere to find "real" music.

i've said it time and time again...there's still good hip hop out there......but you are not gonna find it on the radio!! I can't even tell you the latest hip hop songs on the radio today. No lie. I stopped listening to the radio for good this year. There's no point of me complaining of something i don't like. So i went elsewhere to find "real" music.

radio, blogs, twitter, facebook ..... There is no way to hide from mainstream music, especially if you want to work in this industry. The hip hop that is out now is trash and thats not how it should be. All of these wack ass watered down ppl who are just rhyming words should not be confused with real hip hop artists. Dont be afraid to say you dont like something, especially new shit from these washed up rappers. The only way hip hop will be respected as an art is if it is treated like art. And there is no place for bad art, no matter how much good shit an artist has put out before.

@SaintTigg

Last edited:
Kiss my ass.....that 2Chainz Album still gets bumped heavy. 103....still gets bumped. Undisputed gets bumped now. Until The Quiet Comes is about to get bumped. Premro still gets bumped. I forced Big K.R.I.T on myself and now 4Eva And A Day still gets bumped.

People are sad man. You got to experience the music. Got damn! Ole skim through 30 seconds of an album and be like

Face ass.

You are cursed. You will never love music again. Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

lol proves my entire point. dude, we're talking about the lack of good hip hop and you bring 2chainz and Young Jeezy's 4th best album to the discussion?? are u shitting me??

@SaintTigg

Last edited:

page0_blog_entry34-mj-laughing.gif

Black Mac Miller.

Last edited:
DOn't look for it on the radio then. There is a lot of awesome music out there by underground artists, signed, unsigned, whatever. If you have time look on bandcamp, I have found a lot of dope stuff on there but it can take some time, also check out thefindmag, these dudes spend a lot of time trawling for underground stuff, free downloads, streams, articles n videos ranging from total unheard of names right through to more established acts

MMG, Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Lil' Wayne, Kanye West etc - that's the face of mainstream hip hop today. Don't like it? Find something else that you do like. No one gives two sh*ts what you think of the state of hip hop. If you died tomorrow, the hip hop community (artists and fans alike) wouldn't care. As far as I am concerned - "F*ck what YOU like" to everyone. Why care what others are listening to?

Hahaaha.... You know you kicked a ant bed when you made this Thread.

Most mainstream music is really horrible mostly because there's no substance and the only reason there's any remote interest can be credited to the producers outshine the rapper 90% of time but there's a lot of good music out there you just have to expand your horizon get into different genres you will find it.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

MMG, Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Lil' Wayne, Kanye West etc - that's the face of mainstream hip hop today. Don't like it? Find something else that you do like. No one gives two sh*ts what you think of the state of hip hop. If you died tomorrow, the hip hop community (artists and fans alike) wouldn't care. As far as I am concerned - "F*ck what YOU like" to everyone. Why care what others are listening to?

I agree you can't control the peoples music tastes so why try enjoy what you like and keep it moving.

Last edited:
Hahaaha.... You know you kicked a ant bed when you made this Thread.

Most mainstream music is really horrible mostly because there's no substance and the only reason there's any remote interest can be credited to the producers outshine the rapper 90% of time but there's a lot of good music out there you just have to expand your horizon get into different genres you will find it.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

I agree you control the peoples music tastes so why try enjoy what you like and keep it moving.

this........

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

as unique said, rappers use to bring substance, now they just fall back and rely on the producer.

Back